Diego Rivera Anahuacalli Museum Entrance
Save time and take advantage of this unique option with TripAdvisor / Viator to buy your entrance ticket to the Diego Rivera-Anahuacalli Museum, skipping the lines and with a previous purchase.
When booking this ticket, all you will have to do is a simple exchange before arriving at the museum, ensuring that you will arrive at the museum in less than 2 minutes.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Ticket delivery at your Hotel or Electronic way
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Museo Diego Rivera Anahuacalli
What's excluded :
- Transportation to / from attractions
- Permissions for Video Camera or Professional Camera
- Visit: Museo Diego Rivera Anahuacalli, Calle Museo 150, Mexico City 04620 Mexico
The Diego Rivera Anahuacalli Museum or, also called only "The Anahuacalli Museum", is located in the south of Mexico City. Conceived as an idea of Diego Rivera, who was motivated by the splendid Mexican culture. He was so ingrained in Mexican roots that he collected almost 50,000 pre-Hispanic art items during his lifetime. The purpose of the museum was to have a place to exhibit them and leave the Mexicans a legacy in their pre-Hispanic history.
Anahuacalli was completed after Rivera's death by his friend, architect Juan O'Gorman, Heriberto Pagelson and Rivera's own daughter, Ruth.
The building is made of black volcanic stone and is shaped like a pyramid. The items within the museum's collection come from several civilizations that inhabited Mexico during its history. On the second floor of the museum there is an exhibition hall dedicated to Rivera's works.
The word Anahuacalli means "house of Anahuac" in Nahuatl. The shape of the building, besides being like a pyramid, forms a teocalli or a house of God. It represents the influences of the Teotihuacans, as well as the Mayan civilizations.
Departure Point :Museo Diego Rivera Anahuacalli, Calle Museo 150, Mexico City 04620 Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.