Diamond Room Private Tour with Curator including All Day admission to Hermitage
Take a tour of the Hermitage Diamond Room with a Hermitage Curator. The Diamond Room houses the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewelry. It showcases masterpieces of Russian and European jewelry art from the Romanov and private family collections, as well as pieces of church art, diplomatic gifts made by the most prominent jewelers of the time and works by Fabergé. The Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, these collections are therefore really worth seeing. After the tour continue exploring the other exhibitions in the museum independently, as your ticket includes all-day admission.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
The Diamond Room is the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewelry. St. Petersburg used to be the capital of the Russian Empire and the Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and as a result this collection is really worth seeing.
Access to the Diamond Room is usually by prearranged appointment only, with no exceptions, and the regular tour usually lasts for 30 minutes and you would have to be part of a large group, so this small group, longer tour is really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and not to be missed.
Your small-group tour of the Diamond Room will take place with a curator, who actually curates the room itself. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history, are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. You will have approximately one hour and 15 minutes to look at the unique jewelry masterpieces. The curator will share details with you that you won't find in the guidebooks.
After your extraordinary Diamond Room tour, you will have the opportunity to see the other exhibitions at one of the best museums in the world: The State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, is the biggest museum in the World (together with the Louvre in Paris, they are in competition for the World's "No 1" in terms of exhibition space, number of items and collections etc). The buildings that the Hermitage occupies are brilliant examples of European architecture. The walls of these buildings have also seen a great number of important historical events - from Peter the Great to Nikolay II. Every visitor can feel the force of Russian history here. Its collections, of which only a small part is on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. The collections occupy a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace, a former residence of Russian emperors.
Your tour includes an all-day entrance ticket, so you can stay at this marvelous museum as long as you want (closing time is 6pm; and on Wednesdays it is 9pm).
There is a cafe inside the museum, where you can take a break for lunch if you wish (own expense).
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Palace Square, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment $100 for blanket visa and round trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship ($100 for all the travellers, not per person). Minimum 2 travellers required. Details needed for a blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.