Dharavi Slum Tour in Public Transportation
Dharavi slums in Mumbai the DHARAVI it’s one of the most vibrant centres for extreme entrepreneurship on our Planet. It has a large number of thriving small-scale industries that produce Plastic Recycling, export quality leather goods, pottery, embroidered garments and many more. Most of these products are made in tiny manufacturing and sold in domestic as well as international markets. Most of these things are created innovatively, in a very small space.
Dharavi Tour is the 2 Hours Guided (Walking) Tour with the local Dharavi guide.
We will visit commercial and residence area of Dharavi.
Will also provide refreshment between the tour, so you dont feel tired and dehydrated.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Mineral water
- Public Transportation eg. Taxi, Train & Bus
- Pickup & Drop
- Entry/Admission - Dharavi
What's excluded :
- Any Meals
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dharavi, Mumbai India
2 Hours Guided walking tour of Asia largest slum area
this is the same place where Bollywood Movie Slumdog Millionaire was shot, Leather Industries, Pottery, Making of soap, Bakery , Colour Dye, Small Alley, Schools & Hospitals, Houses in Slum, Plastic Recycling, Muslim people making a shrine for Hindus, Recycling of veg oil.
Metal and plastic comes from all over the world to Dharavi to be recycled. See the entire recycling process from sorting to the finished plastic pellets.
The tin hutments that house so many human lives stretch on as far as you can see. You will never forget this view!
Our Community Centre, supported by funds from the tour, provides education in English, computers and life skills to the teenagers and young adults of Dharavi. Other activities such as sports, dancing, and yoga are also hosted at our community centers.
Two tons of food is produced every day in Dharavi and a large part of that is popaddoms, the essential appetizer or side dish of many Indian meals. They are typically made by women in Dharavi in the residential areas.
Kumbharwada Pottery Colony
The Kumbbharwada neighborhood is more than 150 years old and is the oldest part of Dharavi. Artisans create various types of earthen pots that are shipped all over India.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free pickup service from Hotel / Residence / Airport / Railway Station & Port and also free drop service.We only provide pickup & drop service from the hotel located in Suburb / North Mumbai or South Mumbai.Pickup & drop service from Navi Mumbai area or far away from Mumbai City (North / South Mumbai) will charge extra.Airports
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099, India
- Mumbai Port Trust, Vigilance Department, 3rd Floor, Krupa Nidhi Building, 9, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.