Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi
The epicentre of Mumbai’s dizzying economic growth doesn’t lie behind glass facades of skyscrapers, but in a run-down neighborhood of Mumbai. The people here might not be your suit-clad businessmen, but are owners of multi-million dollar companies. These are the people of Dharavi – One of Asia’s largest slums.
In spite of the all the grunginess and squalor, Dharavi is the most bustling and economically proficient part of Mumbai, generating revenue of a staggering
billion US Dollars annually.
An erstwhile marshy fishing village, Dharavi creek dried up when a dam was built in the neighbouring area. As years rolled on, communities thrived economically, which is seen even today in the labyrinth of leather goods, embroidered dresses and clay pots of various designs, among others cottage industries. Also tour the cardboard industries and the recycle industry to understand the indispensable contribution of Dharavi to Mumbai’s ecological well-being.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dharavi
What's excluded :
- Additional transport cost for North Mumbai pick-up
- Additional cost for the services of a language guide (besides English)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dharavi, Mumbai India
Dharavi nurtures a thousand migrant dreams,
making it possibly the only slum in the world
where people come in vast numbers to make a
Walk through the by lanes of this slum which is home to thousands of people and explore the interesting ways in which this communities earns their living.
Understand more about the small scale industries that run in and around this slum and contributes immensely to the city's economy.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Dharavi Leather, C-2, 90 Feet Road, Dharavi Slums, Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400017, India
Begin your walk into the slums of Dharavi from the 90 feet road.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Leather, Gulmohammad chawl no. 02 Room no. 08 dharavi Cross road Mumbai no 400017, Palwadi, Palkar Chawl, Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400017, India
Visit the tanneries and glimpse through the manufacturing of leather goods such as wallets, purses and bags. Look for the best pick and get your hands on original leather products that are marked as 'Made in Dharavi'.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Durgadevi St, Kumbharwada, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004, India
Get mesmerized by the beauty of clay pots and art of pottery. Pots here and pots there, this place will show you a variety of earthen ware, which are a traditional and very culturally integral part of the Kumbhar (Potter's) community.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
1) The driver will be at the hotel 5 mins before the start of the tour. 2) Start time of the tour for North Mumbai hotels will vary.3) If you are staying at the ship at the Mumbai International Cruise Terminal and need a pick-up from outside the ship, there we be additional cost of Rs 1000/- per person. This amount is to be paid in cash to the guide or the driver at the start of the tour.4) For any tours in Bandra & beyond, away from South Mumbai, will be charged a toll of Rs 120. This amount is to be paid in cash to the guide or the driver at the start of the tour.Ports
- Alexandra Dock (Green Gate) & Yellow Gate
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below the age of 5 years can join the tour for free.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour can be cancelled based on the discretion of No Footprints. The guests will be informed in advance of the same
- The sequence of the tour is at the discretion of No Footprints and its guide on-ground
- This tour cannot be operated between 12.30 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays
- Photography is prohibited within the areas of Dharavi
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.