Dharamshala half day city tour
Our half day Dharmshala city tour is just a glimpse of best highlights in the town for travellers coming with very short duration time. In this tour, we cover all the main places to see within the town of Dharamshala. Your expert guide on this tour with his storytelling will make sure that you get to know maximum of its history, culture and beauty of the place.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Private guided tour
- Entry/Admission - HPCA Stadium
- Entry/Admission - Dharamsala War Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Gyuto Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Library of Tibetan Works and Archives
- Entry/Admission - Dharmsala Tea Company
- Entry/Admission - Norbulingka Institute
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala 176215 India
Located at the height of 1,457 meters above sea level, it is one of the highest sports grounds in the world. Here you can witness the magnificent Triund mountain from the pavilion of this stadium. The magnificent natural backdrop and the cool winds constantly drifting across the grounds is what makes a trip to HPCA Stadium (as it is also known) worth it.
With a view comparable to the Adelaide Oval or Newlands, this stadium competes with the best in terms of its magnificence. The atmosphere is fused with a serene Tibetan aura, as seen in the architectural style of the main stand. This would be an expected scenario, considering the stadium has been set up in Dharamshala, the Indian home of Dalai Lama.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dharamsala War Memorial, Nr. GPG College, Dharamsala 176215 India
War memorial is situated in the forest of hill town of Dharamshala, is created to commemorate the memory of those who fought for saving our motherland. The War Memorial is surrounded by poetic pine forests of Dharamshala, leading to the lush gardens through a quaint walkway.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gyuto Monastery, Sidhbari, Dharamsala 176057 India
One of the most famous monasteries in Dharamshala, the Gyuto Monastery is known for its study of Tantric meditation, Tantric ritual arts and Buddhist philosophy. It was founded in India in 1959 and was established for preserving and promoting the tradition of Black Magic, popularly known as Tantric Teachings, of the great teacher Ksongkhapa.
The monks here practice the major Tantric texts including Guhyasamaja, Chakrasamvara and Yamantaka. They have passed these lineages on to the younger generation of monks for more than 500 years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Library of Tibetan Works and Archives, Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala 176215 India
The Library of Tibetan Works and Archives is one of the most important libraries of Tibetan works across the world. It was founded by His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, in June 1970.
Here you can witness, mportant Tibetan Buddhist manuscripts and archives related to Tibet’s history, politics, culture and art that were relocated from Tibet after the 1959 escape. It has over 80,000 manuscripts, books and documents, more than 600 thangkas and statues and other artefacts of Buddhist heritage, 6,000 photographs, amongst other things.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dharmsala Tea Company, Mann Tea Estate Near BSNL Office, Dharamsala 176215 India
Beside Palampur, the Tea Gardens of Dharamshala are very famous in Himachal Region. Tea gardens here are not as wide spread as Assam or other North-East states, but they surely are nice enough to keep you busy for hours. Imagine small rocks in between and slope slanting towards a nice green trench. The steps of hill will take your breath.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Norbulingka Institute, P.O Sidhpur, Dharamsala 176057 India
Norbulingka Institute was founded in 1988 for preserving Tibetan culture, literature and art. It was established by Dalai Lama and is named after Norbulingka, the summer residence of the Dalai Lamas in Lhasa, Tibet.
It has been built in traditional Tibetan style located amidst gardens and ponds. The main sections of the institute are the Academy of Tibetan Culture, Literary and Cultural Research Centre as well as the Centre of the Arts. The institute also has the Seat of Happiness Temple set amidst the Japanese inspired Norbulingka gardens. It is especially known for more than 1000 murals of Buddha, frescoes of all the Dalai Lamas and drawings from the life of the 14th Dalai Lama.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pickup guests from all hotels & accommodation within Dharamshala cityAirports
- Kangra Airport, National Highway 154, Gaggal, Himachal Pradesh 176209, India
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/21/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.