Destrehan Plantation Tour
Located just 30 miles away from New Orleans and 10 minutes away from the New Orleans International Airport, Destrehan Plantation is the oldest documented plantation home in the Lower Mississippi Valley. Our tours are rich in political, social and economic history. After the tour, guests can view a folk-life demonstration, visit our 1811 Slave Revolt Exhibit, explore the grounds, picnic under a Live Oak tree draped in Spanish Moss and shop in our Plantation Store for unique hand-made items by local craft artisans. We are handicap accessible and kid friendly!
per adult from
What's included :
- Folk-Life Demonstration
- Gift Shop
- Entry/Admission - Destrehan Plantation
What's excluded :
- No Restaurant on Site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047-5202
Our costumed historical interpreters will enlighten you with stories of those who lived on the plantation free and enslaved. After guests can view a folk-life demonstration and self-explore our grounds and dependency buildings, which include a slave cabin with an enslaved registry, an overseer's cabin showcasing our 1811 Slave Revolt Exhibit, an outdoor kitchen, a washroom, a trapper's cabin and our Legacy Room displaying original documents and artifacts from the family members.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Your safety at Destrehan Plantation is our highest priority. We recommend that you wear a face mask or scarf or shield that covers your nose and mouth in the gift shop and during the house portion of the tour. This is not required when you self-explore the grounds.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.