Dessert, Cakes & Typical Pastries Food Tour in Rome with Guided Sightseeing
On this tour you will make a sweet trip through history and cakes. Since Ancient Roman times Italians have considered desserts an important part of their cuisine keeping creating new ones and perfectionating the olds. This is not a tour for people on a diet, but it is a fun feast for the palate! Indulge in some of Rome's most delectable treats of this Dessert walking tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- All pastries and drinks included
- Local guide
- Small-group or private tour (depending on option selected)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Food Tours of Rome, Via Paolo V 33, 00167 Rome Italy
Our local and expert guide will take you on this sweet journey to taste all the most popular and delicious dessert from all over the country!
Stop At: Piazza di Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Rome Italy
In Ancient Rome they mosty used honey and cheese to prepare their cakes, often served with wine at the end of their banquet. They used to call desserts Secundae Mensae. Sugar was unknown until the Crusades and it is only at the end of the Middle Ages and after the discovery of the New World that will beused more and more in pastries preparations.
In more recent times new desserts were created and became very famous such as Tiramisù and Zuppa Inglese. The mix of cheese such as Mascarpone, coffee, liqueurs and other local ingredients gave this cakes a special flavour and worldwide fame. On this tour you will taste a large variety of Italian cakes and pastries in many different typical shops where you will have the chance to meet and talk to the artisans. Between the food stops our guide will show you some of the most beautiful and interesting sites in downtown Rome blending art, history and cuisine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
This is our special recipe: eat, drink and sightseeing for a memorable experience. You will taste and learn about Cannoli, Babà, Cassate, Brutti ma Buoni, Zabaione, Sfogliatelle and other great pastries and cakes as well as a real genuine traditional gelato.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza S. Ignazio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved;
- Dress code is smart casual;
- Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point is NOT INCLUDED in the price. Taxi or buses are a convenient option;
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We are taking recommended prevention measures from WHO and implement best-practices accordingly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.