Desert Canyoneering Adventure
Looking over the edge of a vertical cliff get ready to shout, 'ON RAPPEL!' Join up to nine other fellow adventurers on a six hour tour into the heart of a Sonoran Desert canyon. This 'choose your way' adventure will have you wading through desert plant life, rock hopping down a dry stream bed, wiggling your way under house size boulders, testing your problem solving skills on down climbing puzzles, and taking a leap of faith over a 150ft foot jaw dropping rappel.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Technical gear for the adventure
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Rise with the sun to meet your guide in the old-west town of Tortilla Flat, AZ for a 7AM start time. You will be traversing the historic Apache Trail, an old stage coach trail used by fortune hunters to move through the Superstition Mountains and prior to that used as the thoroughfare for the Apache Indians.
Your six-hour canyon tour begins along a 4WD jeep track with 360 degree backcountry Sonoran Desert views all around. Keep your eyes open for big horn sheep, deer, coyote, quail, roadrunners, and many other forms of desert wildlife.
Buckle on your helmet and bow your head, praying for a fun filled day full of fellowship and safe adventures. Leaving the jeep track behind to head out cross-country, you will be navigating your way through the Arizona plant life. Once in the canyon bottom your rock hopping skills will be tested. The route continues to become more adventurous as large boulders fill the canyon floor creating fun obstacles to decipher. At times the best way may be squeezing through, under, or over house size boulders to continue the journey.
The adventure culminates as your group reaches the edge of a sheer cliff. With no where to go, but down, everyone gears up for a thrilling rappel to the valley floor below. The adventure is not over yet though as more full body hiking continues until you come to a stream in the desert, complete with a picturesque bridge spanning it.
Your hard work is done as your guide retrieves the shuttle vehicle and returns to pick the group up. Enjoy the wash boarded dirt road, with complimentary back massage, exhausted and happy en-route to Tortilla Flat. As your group's tour ends, head over to the saloon. Saddle up to the bar (literally), drink a root beer, and create a new memory in the wild west.
Departure Point :Tortilla Flat Saloon, 1 Main Street, Tortilla Flat, AZ 85190, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be in good physical shape to enjoy this adventure
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.