Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains Day Trip From Marrakech & Camel Ride
For all those who haven’t got sufficient time in Morocco for a Sahara desert tour, all the way south then the Agafay desert is the best thing to do instead, the Agafay desert is not a Sand desert – but more sandstone and earthen plateau, traditional mud-built villages, dusty riverbeds are interspersed with spectacular sumptuous pasture and vegetation in springtime. There we can sample a tea with the locals.
The combination of these three valleys brings you into secluded fertile valleys where daily life of the indigenous Berber inhabitants moves with time honoured traditions. Immerse yourself for a day and discover the real Morocco as you travel through this ancient landscape with its many hidden treasures and incredible vistas.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Professional mountains guide
- Local taxes,
- Entry/Admission - Atlas Mountains Guided Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Atlas Mountains Guided Tour, Marrakech Morocco
Your driver will meet you at your accommodation (or preferred pick-up point) at 8:30am to start the to the Atlas Mountains You will then continue on through Asni where, on Saturdays, a traditional Berber Souk and market can be visited, once you arrive in Imlil you will stop for a welcome glass of mint tea and meet your guide before commencing your tour of the local area. Your guide will help you decide on the length of your tour (you can choose between 1 and 2 hours) and then you will make your way to the largest and highest village in Imlil Valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Imlil, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
Your journey will take you past waterfalls and the hamlets of Ait Mizan, Targa and Imoula. You will stop off in Tamatert and have the opportunity to take in the views of ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn, and vegetables, surrounded by cherry and walnut trees. Your guide will point out things of interest and talk to you about the Berber culture and heritage along the way. Travel down through the village of Ait Souka and afterwards enjoy a traditional Moroccan meal in a Berber family
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Agafay, Agafay, Marrakech-Safi
After your lunch with a Berber family you Drive through kik Plateau and you'll discover the most diverse and spectacular landscapes. Your van will take you to Agafay desert the roky desert – but more sandstone and earthen plateau, traditional mud-built villages, dusty riverbeds are interspersed with spectacular sumptuous pasture and vegetation in springtime. There we can sample a tea with the locals and enjoy the sunset over the Atlas Mountains.You will then continue your journey back to Marrakech, arriving back at approximately 6pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Marrakesh, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
We will come to pick you up from your Hotel or Riad in Marrakech
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.