Desert Agafay and Atlas Mountains & Camel ride Day Trip From Marrakech
You don’t have to journey to the Sahara for a Moroccan desert experience—the Agafay Desert is a desert oasis located just outside of Marrakech. On this full-day tour, soak up the scenery as you travel through the High Atlas Mountains, stop to explore the local villages and visit a Berber souk, then mount up for a thrilling camel ride through the rocky desert of Agafay.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Camel Ride
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: High Atlas Mountains, 40000 Morocco
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Agafay desert tours, hay nahda bloc 4 rayto agafay, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Our Agafay Desert and Atlas Mountains day trip departs at 9am from Marrakech, towards the south.
Bright and early your driver will pick you up from your Marrakech hotel to begin day trip to Desert Agafay and the Atlas Mountans.
Travelling to Desert Agafay through the High Atlas Mountains you will pass awe-inspiring landscapes.
You will see the horizon change from lush greenery lined with the fruits of the season
We will then continue to the big village of Imlil at the foot of the high Atlas mountains, than we drive through Kik Plateau to Amizmiz acts as a juncture point between the many small Berber villages in the surrounding area. The weekly souk is an important part of this economic role, as individual Berber farmers from the surrounding hills. After a tea break, we take an offroad to reach the source of Imi n Tala, in the deep valley of Amizmiz, passing by traditional villages. We will take a short walk in the village of Tnirt when we probably have lunch in one of the traditional Berber houses there. Later on we continue our tour descending to the big plain of Haouz, taking an offroad crossing the village of Ouled Mtaa, inhabited by nomadic Arab tribes originally from the Sahara. We will explore different villages, then we finish our tour crossing the rocky Desert of Agafay. You will have opportunities for nice pictures, Explore Morocco’s rugged desert landscapes before heading back to Marrakech around 5pm.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Plateau du Kik, Marrakech Morocco
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Hôtel Restaurant Café de France, jamaa el-fnna، Rue des Banques, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.