Derrie Danders: Wander around the Waterside on a self-guided GPS audio tour
Take in the sites of this historic city on a self-guided GPS audio walk across the iconic Peace Bridge to Waterside, on the east bank of the River Foyle. We’ll hear about the military past of the area around Ebrington Square, and then continue on through the beautiful grounds of St Columb's Park. We’ll end the tour by making our way to the old railway station through the area of my childhood home in Bonds Street.
On this walking tour, you’ll see and hear about:
• The city's saint, St Columba who established his monastery here in 542 AD.
• The city's oldest building, St Brecan's Church
• The Siege of Derry that took place near Stronge's Orchard in 1688 and 1699
• The military and naval barracks at Ebrington
• The city's role in the second world war and the Battle of the Atlantic from 1939 to 1945
• The iconic Peace Bridge
• The working class area of Bonds Street and the churches in the area
• The railways in the city, both old and new
• The modern sculpture of the Peace Tree
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Visit Derry - Visitor Information Centre, 1-3 Waterloo Place, Derry BT48 6BT Northern Ireland
The tour starts at the Visit Derry information centre.
Pass By: Guildhall Shipquay Place, Derry BT48 6DQ Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Guildhall.
Pass By: Peace bridge, Queens quay, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes over the Peace Bridge.
Pass By: Ebrington Square, BT47 6FA, Ebrington St, Londonderry BT47 6FA, UK
The tour passes around Ebrington Square.
Pass By: The Stables Inn, 59 Ebrington St, Londonderry BT47 6FA, UK
The tour passes by Stables Inn.
Pass By: Walled City Brewery, 70 Ebrington St, Londonderry BT47 6FA, UK
The tour passes by the Walled City Brewery.
Pass By: St Columb's Park, 4 Limavady Rd, Waterside, Londonderry BT47 6JY, UK
The tour passes through St Columb's Park.
Pass By: St Columbs Park House, 4 Limavady Rd, Londonderry BT47 6JY, UK
The tour passes by St Columbs Park House.
Pass By: Foyle Arena, 2 Limavady Road, Derry BT47 6JY Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Foyle Arena.
Pass By: Old Victorian BNCR Railway Station, Londonderry BT47 6AH, UK
The tour ends outside the Old Victorian BNCR Railway Station.
Departure Point :Visit Derry, 1 Waterloo Pl, Londonderry BT48, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/30/2020 - 11/8/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Old Victorian BNCR Railway Station, Londonderry BT47 6AH, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- In Ebrington Square there are steps to an upper tier, (International Sailor and Ledwidge Blue Plaque Stops) but wheelchairs could still access these stops by walking further along the lower tier and then going backwards.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.