Demre Myra Kekova from Alanya
a lost city and Santa – this trip offers an eclectic mix of attractions. You’ll savour local dishes in Beymelek, glide along the coast to Kekova island and its sunken town, and visit the church of St Nicholas in Myra. This is one of our which give you a local flavour of the destination while
Proceedings get under way with a tasting of local specialities in the Ottoman village of Beymelek. Next, sail to Kekova a protected area famed for its underwater ruins, which are the relics of the ancient town of Simena, partially submerged by an earthquake in the 2nd century.
There’s time for a swim, too – the water is turquoise, clear and inviting – it would be difficult to resist a dip in the sea. But if the weather doesn’t permit a boat trip, there’s a visit to the fascinating Demre museum instead. After lunch, you'll head to the site of the ancient city of Myra. See the amphitheatre and rock tombs, and visit the Church of St Nicholas, who's better known today as Santa Claus.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Boat trip
- Tour guide
- Travel insurance
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Any private expenses
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Nicholas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of St. Nicholas, Demre (Kale) Turkey
THE LAST SPACE OF SAINT NICOLAOS
Saint Nicholas, who was born in Patara and died in Myra where he was a bishop, waits for his visitors in the grave church built in the name of Baba Santa Claus ”.
It is believed that Santa Claus dived into this place in his endless sleep.
THE STOLEN BONE TAKEN TO BARI *
Patara, one of the important port cities of the period, which hosted the Lycian Union Assembly Building, was built by M.S. He was born in 300 as the son of a wealthy wheat merchant. Saint Nicholas, considered the patron saint of children and sailors, became the Bishop of Myra on the borders of Demre and was believed to have died on December 6, 365, at the age of 65. After the Ottoman Empire dominated the region, the bones stolen by merchants from Bari, Italy during the Crusades were buried in the basilica built in the name of Bari.
MIRACLES ARE PAINTED ON THE WALLS OF THE CHURCH
On the walls of the church, which was built in the name of St. Nicholas, known as the Az Saint of Miracles tarafından by the Myraans, and which was renovated in various periods, the miracles believed to have been performed were depicted.
The sarcophagus of the Roman Period, which is decorated with fish scales and acanthus leaves, is thought to belong to Santa Claus, who has been in his infinite sleep. In addition, the Museum of Antalya, which is thought to belong to St. Nicholas bones are exhibited.
READY TO COME…
You can visit the Museum of Lycian Civilizations, which took the ruins of Andiriake, the port city of Myra, and take a historical journey on seashells carpets in the murex workshops.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Kekova, Kekova, Turkish Mediterranean Coast
have nıce boat trip in kekova lunch in there
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Demre (Kale), Demre (Kale), Turkish Mediterranean Coast
free time and visit museum
mınumum 30 mınut
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all hotels in Alanya area.we pick-up all travelers and drop off back to hotels make sure to contact us let us know your hotel room we pick up all travelers in front of hotels meeting point is security
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.