Delos Island Discovery by a Licensed Guide
Delos Island – Apollo’s mind-blowing ancient city discovered with a traditional hand-crafted wooden boat!
Board our hand-crafted traditional wooden vessel at the pier of the Old port, meet our seafarer’s family captain & crew on board and find the perfect spot on the boat to enjoy the views of Mykonos town & the famous Windmills as we leave the port. On Delos you will continue with your guided tour discovering the ancient city through a licensed guide’s eyes, so that you won’t miss any of the highlights. Admire a World's Heritage Site protected from UNESCO, the birthplace of Greek Mythology’s Gods, Apollon and Artemis. Through the centuries, varying rulers have developed the area both commercially and spiritually, by building impressive temples, sanctuaries and numerous statues. Today, the landscape is peppered with ruins including a stadium, tiers of theatre seats, fallen columns and partial mosaics which adorned the houses of the rich.
Enjoy the marvels of ancient Delos!!!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Fresh Juice
- Restroom on board
- All safety equipment
- English Licensed Guide
- Wireless Tour Guide System
- Roundtrip boat ticket to Delos island
What's excluded :
- Delos Entrance fee (12,00E p.ad. should be paid in cash while your are checking at our kiosk)
- Shuttle transportation to the meeting point
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Delos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mykonos, Mykonos, Cyclades, South Aegean
Board our hand-crafted traditional wooden vessel at the pier of the Old port (Yacht club), meet our seafarer’s family captain & crew on board (yes, we are a Mykonian family business), explore our historic vessel – a masterpiece of Greek ship-building – while we
prepare to sail to Delos and, then, find the perfect spot on the boat to enjoy the views of Mykonos town & the famous Windmills as we leave the port.
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Delos, 846 00 Greece
Once we reach Delos island you will receive your entrance ticket and then you will start your guided tour by a professional Guide.
According to mythology, the small island of Delos, meaning ‘revealed’, appeared amid the waves, so that Leto, the mistress to Zeus would have a place to give birth to her twins, the God Apollo and Goddess Artemis.
The island is protected by UNESCO and is part of the World’s Cultural Heritage. Through the centuries, varying rulers have developed the area both commercially and spiritually, by building impressive temples, sanctuaries and numerous statues. Today, the landscape is peppered with ruins including a stadium, tiers of theatre seats, fallen columns and partial mosaics which adorned the houses of the rich. Amongst the ruins, five marble lions stand majestically in a row. Other interesting monuments spread over a wide area are the Agora, the Sanctuary of Apollo, the Sanctuary of the Foreign Gods and the Sacred Mount Cynthus.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: The Windmills (Kato Milli), Alefkadras, Mykonos Town 846 00 Greece
Departure from Delos is at 2:00pm and we arrive back to Mykonos around 3:00pm passing from Little Venice area for a photo opportunity of the most picturesque landmark of Mykonos, the Windmills.
Departure Point :Aegean Ventures, Mykonos Old Port, Μύκονος 846 00, Greece
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wireless tour guide system - Loss or damage of the device will incur a penalty of 50EUR
- Comfortable walking shoes and sun protection are highly recommended.
- 12,00EUR per person entrance fee of Delos site is not included the price and should be paid in cash while you are checking at our kiosk. Your ticket will be received upon our arrival at Delos island.
- Meeting time is at 10:00am - Free public parking is available next to our location.
- Free bottle of water for every guest upon arrival on Delos / Free juice once back on board from your Delos visit. We keep you hydrated!
- Light snacks and drinks are sold on board at all times.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.