Delhi Slum Tour with Dhobi Ghat
A triple tour to the Delhi’s Sanjay Colony Slum, watch unique expertise of traditional washer-men community of India at "Dhobi Ghat". Also get startled by Agrasen Ki Baoli’s haunting beauty and rustic charm. The deeper you go, the far you are from the outside world. you will be comfortably picked-up from your hotel in Delhi and taken to these eyeopening sites.
per adult from
3 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Guide during the Slum Visit only
- Entry/Admission - Okhla Vihar
- Entry/Admission - Connaught Place
- Entry/Admission - Agrasen ki baoli
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Okhla Vihar, Jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi, Delhi 110025, India
Sanjay Colony slum is not as large as “Dharavi” slums of Mumbai, however It covers an 18 acre area and has 45,000 residents. This area earlier was a forest when dwellers started coming to the area in 1979. Sanjay Colony slum visit gives an insight into the life of its dwellers where dwellers are busy in their indigenous cottage industries styled units.
Although poor but the dwellers have got enough talent to earn their living their way.
You will come across religious structures from temples to mosques, a small doctor’s office to schools and may garment making units.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Connaught Place, G-22 Marina Arcade, New Delhi 110001 India
Visit The land of the "Dhobis" (traditional washer-men) comes alive every morning with the sound of clothes being beaten against concrete slabs. The Yamuna river is far, so the ghat relies on borewell water, chilamchis (cement tubs), hauds (tanks), naandis (pools) and hydras, electric machines that soak out water. In an age when washing machines have become part of households, why do people still give their clothes to dhobis? Actually most people clean their clothes in washing machines, but for major cleaning, they rely on Dhobis.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Agrasen ki baoli, Hailey Road, KG Marg, near Diwanchand Imaging Centre, Hamdard Nagar, Vakil Lane, Mandi House, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Agrasen ki Baoli is definitely an architectural marvel. It has three stories and 108 steps which goes down to the well. Agrasen Ki Baoli also has a resemblance to the baolis or baodis (stepwells) in Gujarat and Rajasthan. The water inside the well of Agrasen Ki Baoli is said to hypnotise people and allure them to commit suicide. It is said that the well had black water, which mysteriously killed people. People don’t go there in the evenings due to the stories about place as being haunted. To conclude, you will be driven back to your hotel in Delhi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Centrally located Delhi hotels/Delhi airport
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.