Delhi Historical Sikh temples run
A tour encompassing all major Sikh temples with a treat for history buffs also. All temples covered under this tour have a rich history attached with it dating back to the Mughal era. Also get a glimpse of the Old Delhi since one of temples covered falls in Old Delhi territory.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chandni Chowk
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- local guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
Morning pickup will be provided from your hotel in Delhi. Historical Sikh temples will be covered as per below order:-
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib:- Located adjacent to the posh commercial hub of Connaught place, this Gurudwara is dedicated to Guru "Harkishan" who blessed the water tank located in it for healing the epidemic of cholera in delhi. still devotees carry the water from the tank as a blessed nector of faith.
Rakab Ganj Sahib is an important historic Gurdwara in Delhi, India. It’s located at the exact spot where Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur's headless body was cremated after he was executed on the orders of emperor of Delhi on November 11, 1675. In order to awaken the consciousness of the masses and to focus the minds of the nation's elite, the ninth Sikh Guru volunteered to lay down his life so that the dictatorship of empire could be thrown into the forefront of issues that were deemed important for the country at the time.
Gurudwara Sisganj Sahib: -This historical Gurudwara is built at the site in the Chandni Chowk area of Old Delhi, where the revered ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur, was beheaded, on Wednesday, November 24, 1675, on the orders of the Delhi's for refusing to leave his faith. Across the road and facing the Gurdwara Sis Ganj is the site where the faithful disciples of the Great Guru Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Dyala and Bhai Sati Das were tortured to death at about the same time. This Gurudwara is a true testimony of the sacrifices made by revered Sikh guru's for the people of Delhi during those periods.
Tour ends with a drop back to the hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
all delhi hotels/delhi airport
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.