Delhi By Cycle & Old Delhi
Experience Old Delhi, intense and full of History.
The Shah Jahan Tour is DelhiByCycle’s classic recipe for an exhilarating glimpse into the life and times of the great Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan and the 1500 acre expanse of his capital - Shahjahanabad. At the time of its construction in the 17th Century, it was arguably, the most prosperous and beautiful city in the world.
Today, when you pass through its four hundred year old web of alleys held together with great big meshes of electric cables and infused with the smell of brewing tea and simmering breakfast curry, you see a mind boggling co-existence of the past and the future, competing for your attention.
per adult from
210 to 240 minutes
What's included :
- Amazing Guide for Stories
- Awesome Co-Guide for Help & Safety
- Chai (Tea) Break
- Breakfast at hidden places in Old Delhi
- Water Bottle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Transport to and from meeting point
- Personal expenses
- Any Gratuity to guides & co-guides
- Emerging from this rainforest, thick with traditional architecture- typical of Shah Jahan’s time, you will find yourself in a Delhi of another time while you also see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, the Spice Market and tranquil Civil Lines, the former British colonial area as a sharp contrast to hectic Old Delhi.
Delite Cinema - Turkman Gate - Chawri Bazar - Fatehpuri Masjid - Spice Market - Madras Colony - Civil Lines (chai break) - Old Delhi railway station - Chandni Chowk - Red Fort (from outside) -Jama Masjid (from outside) - breakfast at Karim's restaurant - Delite Cinema
We choose the most famous movie house in the old city, Delite Cinema, as our meeting point. Located at Asaf Ali Road near Turkman Gate, one of the remaining entrance gates in Old Delhi. Every driver should know the place! Opposite the cinema is a car parking. Walk inside after crossing the street (few steps down) and follow the lane leading inside the parking area. Once you are there, you can’t miss the orange bicycles. Welcome!
Meeting Time: 06:30 am
Departure Point :Delite Cinema, Katra Chobey Lal, Chandni Chowk, Delhi, 110006, India
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Kid Friendly (must be with parents & guardians)
- Dress code needs to me moderate according to conservative society of Old Delhi.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.