Decorative Oil-Paper Parasol Crafting – Small Group Day Trip Tour from Hangzhou
Our hands-on, Private, Craftsman-guided Chinese Folk-Art Workshop Activity in the Hangzhou Suburbs.
Travel to the workshop, meet exhibition-level craftsman Master Liu, learn how to make a traditional paper umbrella from bamboo, paper and twine.
Work hands-on in a relaxing setting. Keep an old heritage art form alive.
Create a functional, decorative parasol souvenir to keep.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Oil-paper Umbrella instructor fees
- English-speaking guide accompaniment
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hangzhou, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
Be picked up from any downtown Hangzhou location.
Drive to the 'Home of the oil paper umbrella' in the Hangzhou suburb mountains.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Yuhang District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Arrive. Enjoy hot tea and rest a moment.
Meet Liu Shifu, generational inheritor and master of the ancient Chinese art of bamboo oil-paper umbrella making.
Before the crafting begins, browse the workshop umbrella collection, including the artwork that was featured at the Milan Triennale Design Museum, then visit the workshop’s crafting tables to watch professional craftspeople working in real-time. Afterwards we head to our tables.
Crafting begins. Learn how a single length of bamboo is used to make an umbrella frame. Work hands-on, guided by craftspeople, to complete several of the less technical stages of crafting, including twine winding, threading and papering.
Create memories and a decorative, cultural souvenir. Take home the knowledge of how to use bamboo to make an umbrella from scratch.
Afterwards you will be ferried back to Hangzhou.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.