Debre Libanos monastery, Portuguese Bridge & Blue Nile gorge
Drive through a spectacular mountain scenery and visit the beautiful medieval monastery founded in the 13th Century by Abuna Tekle Haimanot who reputedly stood 7 years on one leg praying; trek by the Portuguese bridge which was built of limestone and ostrich egg in the 19th century for sightseeing, and back to Addis.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
Blue Nile Gorge, breathtaking and stunning scenery and much more…
Drive 110 km north from Addis over the Entoto Mountains passing through the Sululta Plains to the Monastery of Debre Libanos established in the 13th century by Abune Tekle Haymanot, Overlooking Jemma River Gorge, a tributary of the Blue Nile, short walk to observe the endemic Gelda Baboon and 16th century Bridge of Portuguese further drive to admire the Blue Nile Gorge, some point depending on visiting time lunch will be served and drive back to Addis Ababa.
• Debre Libanos Monastery, North West of Addis Ababa Seimien Shewa Zone of Oromia Region, Debre Libanos 1000 Ethiopia
Departure Point :Ethiopian Skylight Hotel, Airport Rd, Addis Ababa 1755, Ethiopia
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.