Death Road: Mountain Bike Tour on the World's Most Dangerous Road
Fly down the 'world’s most dangerous road' on this thrilling mountain-biking adventure! Leave from a high-altitude plain near La Paz, and follow expert guides downhill for 40 miles (64 km) on a narrow, winding road carved into the side of the incredible Andes. Take breaks along the way to admire the landscape that changes from the snowcapped Andes to the lush Amazonian jungle. This is one of the most incredible experiences in South America, and one you'll want to do with the most reccomended company in Bolivia, which uses international safety standards and ensures incredible service. After the riding adventure, unwind at La Senda Verde Ecotourism Resort, an animal refuge, where you’ll enjoy lunch and observe rescued wildlife. Return to La Paz the same day, or stay overnight at La Senda Verde or in Coroico. This is one you'll be telling the grandkids, so do it right!
per adult from
13 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by minibus
- Use of top end bike maintained after every ride by professional mechanics using original parts.
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Drinks and snacks
- Use of High End Safety Gear (Helmet, Gloves, Knee/Elbow Pads, Pants/Jacket, etc)
- Gravity Buff!
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Entrance into Senda Verde Animal Sanctuary
- Death Road Survivor T-shirt
What's excluded :
- 2 Entrance fee of 25 bolivianos each (approx. US$3.60) for the communities
- Additional food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - WMDR Yungas Road
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Cumbre, Highway 3, La Paz Bolivia
We drive up to the stunning pass where we get our top of the line Kona full suspension bikes and safety gear before having a detailed safety speech and heading down!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: WMDR Yungas Road, La Paz Bolivia
The World Famous Death Road! Make sure you do it with a reputable company with a great safety record. There are no safety standards for operators, so choose wisely as this is a once in a lifetime ride!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: San Juan waterfalls, Coroico Bolivia
The georgeous waterfalls that we not only see but ride through! Here we have a snack before heading on!
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Cotapata National Park, La Paz Bolivia
The stunning beauty of the Andes is on display as we ride down from 4800m.
Pass By: Yolosa, N Yungas Rd, Bolivia
This is where the ride ends and we go to the amazing Animal Refuge!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will start pickups at 6:30am and should finish around 7:15 am. Depending on the pickups on the day and the route we need to take the time for your pickup may vary, please be ready and in reception.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Approximate riding time is 4-5 hours
- 90% of the ride is downhill
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Suitable for both beginners and experts
- A good level of fitness is required
- All passenger heights, glove size and helmet size must be advised at time of booking
- Insurance company details and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: Return times vary depending on traffic.You will be back in La Paz between 8pm and 10pm
- This tour is operated by Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking, a company widely recognized for maintaining the highest levels of safety standards and equipment
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.