Daytrip to Shkodër & Krujë, from Tirana
This tour gives you the best introduction to the Albanian natural beauty, culinary delights, Ancient history, recent everyday life etc.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Rozafa Castle
- Entry/Admission - Kruja Castle
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Entry/Admission - St Stephen's Catholic Cathedral (Shkoder Cathedral)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rozafa Castle, Rozafa, Shkoder Albania
Shkodra is the only mentioned Illyrian capital in the 3rd-2nd centuries B.C. Visiting Rozafa castle we will not only experience the supremacy the Illyrians would have feel over their enemies standing in such an imposing Castle, but will also admire breathtaking views 360 degrees.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St Stephen's Catholic Cathedral (Shkoder Cathedral), Rruga Marin Bicikemi / Rruga Justin Godard, Shkoder Albania
Shkodra the most important city of north Albania, set in a beautiful plateau in front of the largest lake in the Balkans named after the town itself, and with the Albanian Alps as a backdrop. We will take a walking tour in “Gjuhadol” a newly renovated pedestrian area of Italian and Austrian architectural influences, testimony to this city’s historic links with both these countries. Then we will visit the Marubi Museum (master photographer of the end of 19th century) which houses an exposition of old prints (OPSIONAL). He took the first photograph in the Balkans in 1856.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kruja Castle, Near Tirana, Kruje 1501 Albania
proceed to Kruja centre of Albanian resistance against the Ottomans under our National Hero, Scanderbeg. He kept the Ottoman armies from crossing into Western Europe for 25 years, thus earning the title “Athleta Christi” awarded by the Pope of the time. We will visit the Skanderbeg Museum and a rich Ethnographic Museum with almost all items being original from the end of the 19th century. Finally we make our way through Kruja’s famous Bazaar full of traditional handicrafts and souvenirs. Return to Tirana. End of our service.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up the travelers from their hotel in Tirana
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.