Day Visit of Kolkata City
Founded as an East India Company trading post, Kolkata was India's capital under the British Raj from 1773–1911. Today it’s known for its grand colonial architecture, art galleries and cultural festivals. It’s also home to Mother House, headquarters of the Missionaries of Charity, founded by Mother Teresa, whose tomb is on site. Admire iconic Howrah Bridge, visit Jain Temple, one of the city’s most visited religious structure, Walk the grounds like a student as your guide explains the history of the Kolkata University and names some of the most influential students, like Nobel Prize winning economist Amartya Sen. Visit the Magen David Synagogue, one of the largest Jewish temples open for worship in the Asian Pacific.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your professional guide and chauffeur at the hotel and proceed for the sightseeing tour of the city. Visit The Missionaries of Charity’s Mother House, a holy place of pilgrimage and reverence for those who are searching for a more meaningful existence. It was established by the Blessed Mother Teresa in 1950 with the purpose of selfless service to mankind and to uplift the plagued humanity towards the path of salvation. Next visit impressive Jain Temple, one of the city’s most visited religious structure and University of Kolkata, the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university. Admire impressive Howrah Bridge before returning to hotel.
Departure Point :From your Kolkata city hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.