Day trip to Turda Salt Mine
We are excited and happy in what we do, which is exactly why we will offer you an unforgettable experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry Ticket
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- The Salt Mine it was built between 1853-1870, it is a horizontal gallery made to cut the costs of salt conveyance to the surface. When it was finished it was 780 meters long, but till the end of the 19th century it was afurthered by 137 meters reaching the length of 917 meters. The sterile area ( dug in the earth)is 526 meters long and it is strengthened with a 40cm thick stone wall. On the left side of the wall is marked the length of it. The electrical system was installed in 1910.Between 1948-1992 it was used as a cheese storage room. During this time the water and waste pipes were installed.On the left wall of the gallery are placed pickets with equidistance of 10 fathoms.As tourist enter the in the mine the underworld reveal its wonders.
• Explore Turda Salt Mine in a super-small group limited to five people
• An obvious choice for history and geology buffs
• Access parts of the salt mines that are usually off limits
• Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Walk on a man-made gallery, visit three mining chambers, learn about mining techniques and local urban legends and, nevertheless, take a boat or a Ferris-wheel ride. The visit of the mine involves climbing and descending some stairs. In total there about steps to go up and down, but most of them can be avoided by taking two different elevators.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up our customers from different locations from Cluj Napoca.Airports
- Napoca Airport, Cluj-Napoca Romania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.