Day trip to Tskaltubo from Kutaisi
A relaxing day Trip to Tskaltubo from Kutaisi. Visit Prometheus karst caves to observe beautifully lighted stalagmites and stalactites, underground rivers.
Next stop is Tskaltubo, the early 20th c spa resort and enjoy fascinating architecture of abandoned soviet times.
Visit one bathhouse. During the tour Spa procedure is available to be arranged.
Visit 10th c picturesque Motsameta Monastery and Gelati Academy, the amazing sunset can be seen from the 11th century observatory. In the evening return to Kutaisi.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Georgian lunch menu: Imeretian Khachapuri (baked pastry with cheese), Salad, main dish (vegetarian or non-vegetarian), soft drink
- Entry/Admission - Prometheus Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Prometheus Cave, Kumistavi Georgia
In the morning meet guide and driver. Drive to Prometheus Caves, discovered in 1984, known as largest Cave of Georgia. Walking is 1600 meters long. During tour you will explore stalactites, stalagmites, underground rivers and lakes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tskaltubo, Tskaltubo, Kutaisi, Imereti Region
Next drive to city – Tskaltubo, located in 7km from Kutaisi. Tskaltubo is famous balneological resort. Have a nice walk through the city and visit unique Sanatoriums and Spa centers. Also, visit bathhouse, which is famous as Stalin’s bathhouse.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Motsameta Monastery, Tbilisi, Motsameta, Kutaisi 0172 Georgia
Continue to Motsameta Monastery, located in 7 km from Kutaisi. The Monastery, standing above the Tkaltsitela River and buried in coastal vegetation, was built in 11th century by king Bagrat the third.
The Monastery is named after brothers David and Konstantine Mkheidze, Georgian nobles, who refused to change the religion and were executed on this place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Road to Gelati Monastery, Motsameta, Kutaisi 4600 Georgia
The final stop is UNESCO world heritage site - Gelati Academy and Monastery complex, established in 12th century. In the evening return to Kutaisi.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers can suggest pick up location
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.