Day Trip To Tiruvannamalai From Chennai With Lunch
Thiruvannamalai is a town 120 miles from Chennai in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. On this day trip from Chennai visit two of the most famous historical sites of Thiruvannamalai - the Arunachaleshwara Temple and the Ashram of Sri Ramana Maharshi. The Arunachaleshwara Temple is the largest temple dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva.
• 217 feet temple tower (gopuram)
• Temple hall with 1 000 pillars
• Cave where Sri Ramana Maharshi meditated
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Arunachaleshwara Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sri Ramana Ashram
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arunachaleshwara Temple, Foothills of the Annamalai Hill, Thiruvannamalai 606601 India
You will be picked up in the morning from your hotel in Chennai. The drive to Thiruvannamalai will take about 2.5 hours. Enjoy the views of the rural landscape as you drive past villages and farms.
On reaching Thiruvannamalai, head off to the famous Arunachaleshwara temple. The temple was built by the Kings of Vijayanagar between the 16th and 17th century. It is the largest Shiva temple in India. The temple is said to be located at a site where the five elements of life - earth, water, fire, air and sky are present.
The temple is spread over 25 acres of land. It has four stately gateways, each crowned with large towers (gopurams). The east gopuram is eleven tiered and rises to a height of 217 feet. The main hall of the temple has 1 000 pillars. There is a large sculpture of the Nandi bull, the divine vehicle of Lord Shiva. Two large ponds of water are also present in the temple.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sri Ramana Ashram, Chengam Road M, Thiruvannamalai India
Next visit the Ashram of the saint Sri Ramana Maharshi which is situated at the foot of the hills, outside the town. You can visit the cave where the saint is said to have meditated. Inside the ashram visit the final resting place of the saint and the Matrubhuteswara Temple. A cow-shed, library and a bookstore are also present on the premises of the ashram.
After the tour of the ashram, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (beverage excluded).
After lunch you will be driven back to Chennai and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Visit to temple is from 06:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m, and then from 04:00-09:00 p.m.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.