Day Trip to the Dead Sea Valley with GaryTheGuide
A Dead Sea day with GaryTheGuide is geared to your needs. I will pick you up at your hotel or agreed location, bring you to the sites you are interested in, and make the day last as long or short as you desire. In addition, I will not only tell the dramatic stories, explain the history, and delve in to the nature of the Dead Sea and it's sites, but we will discuss the effects these sites have had on our societies today. Geopolitics and ecology will be present alongside history archeology, and religion. All of this is in addition to the relaxation and wonder of the Dead
Sea. This tour is a perfect break from the experiences of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
I will also take care of you along the way. I will make sure you know all of your options, including costs, so you can make the most informed decisions. I will show you the best ways of getting lunch or snacks, find you the shops that fill your needs, and make the drive as comfortable as possible.
Come enjoy the Dead Sea with me!
per adult from
5 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kalia Beach
- Entry/Admission - Masada National Park
- Entry/Admission - Qumran National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kalia Beach, Road 90 Dead Sea, Kalya 9066600 Israel
At Kalya Beach you will stand at the lowest spot on the Earth. You will wade in the unique waters of the Dead Sea, where you float and feel almost weightless. In addition, you can ride a camel, drink at the lowest bar on Earth, and enjoy shops that display the wonders of the Dead Sea: Salts, mud, and dates. After this experience, your muscles will feel relaxed and your skin will be healthy and soft. Who could pass this up?
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Masada National Park, Masada 8698000 Israel
Masada is a mountain with steep cliffs, amazingly preserved archeology, over 2000 years of history, and drama that dates from King Herod through the 20th century. You can alight the mountain by foot or cable car. Above you will see ancient beauty, hear of life and death decisions, and discuss how Masada's meaning has evolved in modern times. The views are stunning, and they inspire discussions of ecology, international relations, and spirituality.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ein Gedi, Ein Gedi, Dead Sea Region
Two natural springs from the Judean hills converge here and form the most lush oasis in the Judean Desert. A short walk will bring you to several waterfalls where you can dip your feet or wade in to the falls themselves. Longer hikes can take you to ancient temples, pools, and caves that appear in stories of Biblical kings. Whether you are looking for a refreshing stop or an exhilarating hike, Ein Gedi is a gem that you won't forget.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Qumran National Park, Kibbutz Kalya, Kalia Palestinian Territories
Two thousand years ago a very unique community settled in Qumran. Using the water from the river bed, they created a society based on purity, comradeship, study, and writing texts. In modern times, almost by chance, the Dead Sea Scrolls were found, most written here in Qumran. Walking through the archeological remains of their village, we see how they survived in the desert, using water where there is almost none, and searching for God far away from any city or distraction.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Qasr al-Yahud Baptismal Site, Jordan Valley Region, Jerusalem Israel
The "mighty" Jordan River is actually a slow meandering river, with plants and greenery abound. Just above is the stark desert, almost void of life. This is the scenery of both John the Baptist and Joshua. Here, one of them baptises Jesus, and the other leads the Children of Israel in to the promised land. You can go in to this same water and view people who have come to be baptised on both the Israeli and Jordanian banks.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
I will pick you up from any location in the Jerusalem and Tel Aviv areas, and most other central places in Israel. Locations that are more remote may require an additional fee.Airports
- Ben Gurion Intl Airport, Tel Aviv 7015001 Israel
- Haifa Airport, Yulius Simon St, Haifa, Israel
- Ramon International Airport, Be'er Ora, Israel
- Haifa Port, Haifa, Israel
- Ashdod Port, Ashdod, Israel
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Day Trip to the Dead Sea Valley 2/11/2020 - 11/19/2021
Dead Sea for larger groups 2/11/2020 - 11/19/2021
Monday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM Tuesday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM Wednesday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM Thursday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 08:30 AM - 08:00 PM Monday: 07:30 AM - 07:30 PM Tuesday: 07:30 AM - 07:30 PM Wednesday: 07:30 AM - 07:30 PM Thursday: 07:30 AM - 07:30 PM Sunday: 08:30 AM - 07:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.