Day Trip to Sagaing Ava and Amarapura from Mandalay
Visiting 3 ancient cities Ava, Amarapura and Sagaing is the best way for travelers to learn Myanmar culture, tradition, ways of life in rural area and architectures. Enjoy nature and peace in at some Myanmar’s best-known destinations by ferry and horse-cart. Hotel pickup and drop-off service is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned coach
- Horse cart at Ava
- Public boat at Ava
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Mandalay around 8:30am and head to the world largest teak bridge, U Bein Bridge built in 1782. Then, visit Mahagadayon Monastery, a famous Buddhist Monastery where more than a thousand monks live and study.
Next, we move to Ava (Inwa) by a ferry ride from Myitnge River. Upon arrival, hop on a horse-cart offers you the opportunity to discover the picturesque ruins and surrounding countryside at a relaxed and more tranquil pace. Visit the teak monastery of Bagaya Kyaung (famous for its impressive ornate woodcarvings and teak posts) and the former royal monastery temple known as Maha Aungmye Bonzan, completely built of brick and stucco.
Our final stop of the day is at Sagaing. Sagaing is considered to be the living centre of Buddhism in Myanmar and the hundreds of monasteries and temples reverberate with the echoes of cymbals, gongs and Pagoda bells. We will visit Oominthonese Pagoda and Swanoopinyashin Pagoda. After the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Mandalay.
Departure Point :Your Mandalay hotel
Departure Time :8:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.