Day Trip to Preah Vihear Temple and Koh Ker UNESCO Site from Siem Reap
Visit the beautiful temple of Preah Vihear, a famous UNESCO World Heritage site, near the Thai border in Cambodia. You will depart in the morning from Siem Reap and drive to Preah Vihear by private airconditioned car and English/Janpense speaking guide .
When we arrive at Preah Vihear we need to change into a 4 wheel drive to drive op the temple. This takes around 15 minutes. Preah Vihear was built during Angkorian times and is a Hindu temple.On the way back we go straight to visit Pyramid temple of Koh ker and small main temples such as Shiva Linga temple, Elephant temple....
per adult from
9 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water and cold towel during the tour
- Unlimited beer and soft drinks
- Professional local English speaking guide
- Private tour
- Tour by air conditioned car,
- 4WD drive up to mountain of Preah Vihear temple
- Addmission fees for Preah Vihear and Koh Ker
- Entry/Admission - Koh Ker Temple
- Entry/Admission - Preah Vihear Temple
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses not mentioned
- Visit the beautiful temple of Preah Vihear, a famous UNESCO World Heritage site, near the Thai border in Cambodia. You will depart in the morning from Siem Reap and drive to Preah Vihear by private airconditioned car with English speaking driver.
When we arrive at Preah Vihear we need to change into a 4 wheel drive to drive up the temple. This takes around 15 minutes. Preah Vihear was built during Angkorian times and is a Hindu temple. From the temple you have a spectacular view of the surroundings.
The temple of Preah Vihear was declared an UNESCO World Heritage site in 2008. For a long time there has been a dispute about whether the temple belongs to Thailand or Cambodia, but in 1962 the International court ruled that it is part of Cambodia. In 2008 the dispute revived, but the general agreement is still that Preah Vihear belongs to Cambodia.
After visiting the very interesting site of Preah Vihear we drive to Koh Ker, the pyramid temple. It is a temple unlike any other temple you will see in Cambodia. Koh Ker used to be the capital of the Khmer empire and is an importsant historic site. You will visit the pyramid temple as well as a few smaller temples in the area.
During the tour you are treated to a nice local lunch in a local restaurant.
Afterwards we drive back to Siem Reap.
Note: Please do not forget bring your passport because it will be checked at Preah Vihear.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Siem Reap Airport, Siem Reap Cambodia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring your passport to be able to visit Preah Vihear
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.