Day trip to Pondicherry from Chennai
This is a day trip from Chennai organized in a private car. The highlights include a visit to Aurobindo Ashram, which is dedicated to Sri Aurobindo Ghosh the philosopher and revolutionary, French heritage walk followed by French lunch, the lovely esplanade beside the Bay of Bengal, visit to a unique handmade paper factory and Auroville the global village.
This is an all-inclusive trip where we take care of transport, breakfast & lunch, activities and the services of a full-time tour guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Cultural evangelist as host and guide
- Private car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Entry/Admission - Puducherry Tourism Development Corporation
- Entry/Admission - Sri Aurobindo Handmade Paper
- Entry/Admission - Statue Of Gandhi
- Entry/Admission - Auroville
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Five Senses Tours, Chennai (Madras) India
The French heritage & spirituality tour of Pondicherry is a day trip from Chennai covering a visit to Aurobindo Ashram, which is dedicated to Sri Aurobindo Ghosh the philosopher and revolutionary, French heritage walk, the lovely esplanade beside the Bay of Bengal, visit to a unique handmade paper factory and Auroville the global village.
Stop At: Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Rue de la Marine, Pondicherry India
Sri Aurobindo Ghosh is arguably the most famous citizen of Pondicherry. The tour begins with a visit to his memorial at the Aurobindo Ashram. Guests will get a brief experience of his life and times as well as his philosophy and revolutionary ideas. The memorial also has a section on Sri Aurobindo’s famous disciple Mirra Alfassa. It is the perfect place for meditation.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Puducherry Tourism Development Corporation, Beach Road, Goubert Ave, opp. Old Court, White Town, Puducherry, 605001, India
A French heritage walk is organized through the heart of the city where one can see glimpses of exquisite French style of architecture. This heritage walk will help you appreciate the French connection with Pondicherry.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sri Aurobindo Handmade Paper, 50, Sardar Vallabhai Patel Salai, Kuruchikuppam, Puducherry, 605001, India
We visit a unique factory which makes hand made paper. Sri Aurobindo Paper Factory started 50 years ago and makes paper from 100% cotton rag pulp. In this visit guests will experience how the paper is produced from cotton rags and then processed with techniques like silk screen printing and marbling.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Statue Of Gandhi, Goubert Avenue White Town, Pondicherry 605001 India
A walk through the famous promenade of Pondicherry facing the lovely Bay of Bengal follows this.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Auroville Main Road, Auroville 605101 India
Post lunch we travel to Auroville, the radical concept of a global village where thousands of people from across the world have given up their nationalities and are living as global citizens.
Auroville was conceived with the vision that- “There should be a somewhere on earth, a place which no nation could claim as its own, where all human beings of goodwill who have a sincere aspiration could live freely as citizens of the world and obey one single authority, that of the supreme truth; a place of peace, concord and harmony…”.
Guests will also get to see the various ways in which its citizens practice sustainable way of life.
Matri Mandir is a giant dome for silent meditation. Guests can see it from outside on a day visit. Note permission for meditating inside has to be taken one day in advance in person.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in chennai
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.