Day Trip To Pingxi & Jiufen From Taipei
Escape Taipei for a day and explore two historic towns nestled in the mountains north of the city: Pingxi and Jiufen on this personalised experience. Exploring these enchanting spots feels a world away from busy city life, and with a Local Host by your side you’ll be able to discover the hidden gems as well as the highlights. Strolling through the cobbled streets you’ll soon see why Jiufen was the inspiration for Miyazaki film Spirited Away! Soak up the atmosphere at traditional tea houses and take in the stunning sea views and mountain landscape, discover the rich history and culture of these spots and do like the locals do and release a sky lantern into the heavens.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 8 hours with a Local host (incl. travel time)
- Transport costs
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- Transportation other than that included in the experience
- Tickets or entries to attractions
- What You'll Do
With a Local Host to navigate, journey to the historic northern towns of Pingxi and Jiufen to experience another side of Taiwan’s rich culture and swap the busy city for a more relaxed pace. Explore picturesque Jiufen, a former gold mining town. Wander through the charming cobbled streets, soak up the history and stop off at traditional tea house. Enjoy lunch with your Local Host at an authentic eatery, whether you want to try the region’s street food or relax in a restaurant, your Local Host will recommend a spot that suits your preferences!
Next, you’ll visit Pingxi, home of the famous Sky Lantern Festival - you can make your own and release them into the sky, sending your wishes up to the heavens just like the locals do! Discover the history of these two towns and enjoy the stunning natural landscapes that these old world spots are located in. Get suggestions from your Local Host about other towns and neighbourhoods to explore during the rest of your trip, so you can make the most of your time in Taipei and the surrounding area!
What To Expect
* Escape the city for a day and visit the historic mining towns of Pingxi and Jiufen with a Local Host
* Wander through the enchanting cobbled streets and soak up the gold mining history of Jiufen
* See stunning ocean views, charming back streets and traditional architecture
* Explore Pingxi, another historic mining town where you can make and release a sky lantern
* Enjoy an authentic local meal at a spot that suits your preferences and is recommended by your host
* Get tips and tricks from your Local Host about other towns to explore during your stay
Departure Point :Taipei, Taiwan
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/8/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.