Day Trip to Ometepe Island from Managua
Ometepe Island is one of the most amazing sites you’ll ever see in your life. This amazing island is formed by two volcanoes, Conception & Maderas and sits in the middle of lake Nicaragua. During the ferry ride across lake Nicaragua you will have the opportunity to view both volcanoes and the appreciate of the magnitude of lake Nicaragua.
You will get to visit Ojo de Agua and crystal clear water spring, Charco Verde an sanctuary, Santo Domingo beach and Punta Jesus Maria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Round-trip ferry from San Jorge Port to Ometepe Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic beverages
- San Jorge port in Rivas has been used for many years and is a key place and connection from Mainland and the island. The ferry across Lake Nicaragua will give you the opportunity to see both volcanoes up close and the feel the magnitude of Lake Nicaragua.
You will visit Ojo de Agua in Ometepe where you will be able to relax by the natural springfs, lay on a hammocks, swim or enjoy the wild life. You will also visit Playa Santo Domingo, a beach located between both volcanoes, a great beach to swim and also enjoy local restaurants.
Then, visit Charco Verde, also called Laguna Verde (Green Lagoon). it is closed off from the lake by only a thin strip of land. The lagoon provides a shelter place for many birds. Punta Jesús María is the most western point of Ometepe. A narrow strip of sand stretches out into Lake Nicaragua, where you can walk on this strip of sand, with water splashing in from both the left and the right.
Departure Point :Hotel Pick up in Managua or from Metro Centro or Galerias
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.