Day Trip to Ometepe Island
Ometepe Island is one of the most amazing sites you’ll ever see in your life. This amazing island is formed by two volcanoes, Conception & Maderas and sits in the middle of lake Nicaragua. During the ferry ride across lake Nicaragua you will have the opportunity to view both volcanoes and appreciate the magnitude of lake Nicaragua.
Your guide will drive you to visit Ojo de Agua a crystal clear water spring, Charco Verde a sanctuary with a butterfly farm, Santo Domingo beach and Punta Jesus Maria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle with AC
- Round-trip ferry from San Jorge Port to Ometepe Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Entry/Admission - Ojo de Agua
- Entry/Admission - Punta Jesus Maria
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Charco Verde
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ojo de Agua, Carretera Santo Domingo Tilgue, Isla de Ometepe Nicaragua
Enjoy the cool water spring and natural pool with clear waters surrounded by nature. Try a coco loco if you want to make things more interesting :) or try your luck on the rope swing.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Punta Jesus Maria, Isla de Ometepe Nicaragua
Walk out to the sandbar and see the impressive Conception Volcano in the background with Maderas Volcano to her side. What makes this location unique is the water on both sides of the sand bar during certain times of the year.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Laguna Charco Verde, Isla de Ometepe Nicaragua
Hike around the green lagoon and hear the ancient stories of the local myths and legends. The walk is mostly shaded and on flat ground with even surfaces. Very likely to see monkeys, butterflies, birds, and other animals.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hotel pick up in San Juan del Sur or pick up at Barrio Cafe Restaurant on Calle Central 1 block from the Bay
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.