Day trip to Ksar Ghilane from Djerba
Specialized in discovery circuits and Saharan adventures, far from ordinary tourism, our GTH Voyages agency invites you to discover the charm of authentic Tunisia through its new programs: 4x4 tours in the desert, camel treks, camel rides, cultural and archaeological tours , Saharan camps, groups, discoveries of Berber villages
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - a very good Tunisian couscous
- Entry/Admission - Tisavar
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Medenine, Medenine, Medenine Governorate
Medenine is the prefecture of the region, a governorate, which Djerba also depends on. With its Ksour and Ghorfas, these semicylindrical storehouses, whose early constructions date back to the 17th century, Medenine is also the starting point for visiting the region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ksar Ghilane, Ksar Ghilane, Kebili Governorate
The most southern of Tunisian oases Ksar Ghilane is one of the doors of the desert of the Tunisian Sahara, the oasis is fed by a source of hot water, source from a failed oil drilling in 1953, instead of finding oil the drillers found a captive water table 700 m deep. The water flows to the surface at 32 °, it is very sulfur, you can swim there, it would have thermal virtues.
You can also do a camel ride or quad.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Tisavar, Tunisia
Tisavar is a rectangular construction, the walls, built in stone to a height of 1.50 m, in smaller rubble above. It served as an advanced post and base camp for their Saharan expeditions. it also allowed to control the caravans that carried their wealth to the coast.
The old building is then occupied in the Middle Ages, before being restored by the French during the Second World War, the fort served in the column Leclerc during the maneuver bypassing the line Mareth.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Rue Moncef Bey, Houmt Souk, Tunisia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at any Hotel in DjerbaAirports
- Melita Airport, Djerba Island Tunisia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.