Day Trip to El Verjon Paramo, Moorland—Matarredonda Park (Or Only Transport)
Enjoy a hiking adventure into the moorlands nearby Bogota, which is surrounded by the vast Andean mountain range. Visit the Matarredonda Ecological Park—located just about 31 km from Bogota.
Walk-through royal trails centuries-old that are covered by colorful mosses and endemic flowers. Gaze at the stunning scenery and the lakes. Hear in-depth commentary from a savvy guide on the ecosystem and its biodiversity and the ancient indigenous communities who used to live there a long time ago.
✓ Just perfect for nature lovers and hikers!
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pickup & Drop-off (Air-conditioned Vehicle)
- Professional Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Medical insurance
- Bottled water, Snacks & Souvenirs
- Hooded raincoat (if needed)
- Entry/Admission - Parque Ecologico Matarredonda
What's excluded :
- Any private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Ecologico Matarredonda, Via a Choachi, Bogota Colombia
After picking you up at 8 a.m, listen as your guide allows you insights into Colombian history and culture while enjoying the scenery of the Bogotanian countryside. Gaze at the outstanding extension on Bogota from its highest lookout spot, Mount Guadalupe.
Upon arriving at the park, try some typical snacks. Walk-through Royal paths—that used to connect Bogota and the Eastern Plains in the 18th century—covered by colorful mosses, fungi, and lichens as your guide shares in-depth insights into the landscape.
Gaze at the distinct beauty of the scenery of the Teusaca Lake, in the middle of the frailejones, and its beautiful emerald green color at about 14,100 ft above the sea level. This lake, sacred to the natives, is associated with the legend of El Dorado. Take in the stunning Andean landscape as your guide lets you in on its fascinating history. Later on, you will find two outstanding waterfalls. Try to spot some hummingbirds flying over the flowers.
On the way back to Bogota, listen to your guide as he/she shares curious and fun facts about Colombian culture. Finally, we will leave you in the comfort of your hotel in the evening hours—or the El Dorado international airport.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in Bogota and the International Airport. Please provide pickup detailsupon booking. Times are subject to local traffic conditions and hotel location.Airports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No age restriction
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For Parche Cachaco Tours, it is crucial to have an excellent relationship with its travelers. Therefore, we are doing everything we can to provide a fun yet safe experience for you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.