Day Trip to Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle from Bucharest
Go castle hopping in Romania on this full-day private tour from Bucharest. Visit the famed Peles Castle, erstwhile home to many Romanian kings, nestled in the Transylvanian forest, and then explore Bran Castle, also known as 'Dracula's Castle,' a medieval gothic structure that is both imposing and fairy tale-like. Learn about the history of both fortresses and hear the gruesome tales of Vlad the Impaler. Before heading back to Bucharest, stop by the lovely town of Brasov.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees at the Castles (30 RON Peles Castle + 40 RON Bran Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Peles Castle, former summer residence of the kings of Romania, in Sinaia, a well-known mountain resort. Nowadays the Castle is one of the most important museums in Transylvania where one can admire furniture and ornamental objects, carpets, tapestry, sculptures, paintings, collections of weapons from the 15th to the 19th centuries.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Bran and the famous Bran castle, also popularly known as 'Dracula`s Castle,' The gothic fortress, located 15 miles (25 kilometers) from Brasov, grew in fame thanks to novel written in 1897 by Bram Stoker which was later on adapted into a feature film by Francis Ford Coppola. The first documents about Bran Castle appeared in 1377. Throughout history, the Castle had a strategic mission as the border between Transylvania and Wallachia. First it was under the reign of the King of Hungary, Sigismund of Luxemburg, and after that under the Romanian voievodes Mircea cel Batran and Vlad Tepes and later on it came under the jurisdiction of the City of Brasov. In 1912 it was donated by the municipality of Brasov to the Romanian royal family, in order to become their residence.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Brasov Historical Center, Piazza Sfatului, Brasov Romania
After strolling around the imposing Bran Castle, make the short drive to the charming city of Brasov. Stroll the streets of this 16th-century city, learning about the history of the place. Take note of the medieval fortress in town, one of the most fortified in all of Europe. See the old city walls, the Black and White Towers and many other centuries-old structures.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Trip2Ro, Piata Revolutiei, Bucharest Romania
The tour concludes when you return to Bucharest with a drop-off at your chosen location.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you/drop off from any hotel or indicated address in Bucharest.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- On Monday Peles Castle will be seen only from the outside
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.