Day Trip To Bushman
Tourists hardly know this wild, still nearly unexplored landscape, and you will be particularly impressed of it. Lake Eyasi is a mildly alkaline lake stretching for about 50 km (31 miles) to the southwest. To the northeast, as far as your eyes can see, the horizon is dominated by the impressive Crater Highlands, to the north the plains of the Serengeti.
This area is inhabited by small groups of bushmen – the Hadza and Watindiga. who live in groups hunting with bow and arrows and gathering roots, tubers and wild fruits much as humankind lived in the Stone Age.Over 100 years ago, when the stronger Masai tribes moved into the Ngorongoro and Serengeti, the tribes made the area around Lake Eyasi their home. Another interesting tribe in the area is the Datoga. These are the last remaining tribes of bushmen in East Africa.
Since we are in contact with these natives since many years, they permit to accompany us and show us their daily life and hunting methods
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Lake Eyasi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Eyasi, Karatu Tanzania
Start off early with your bushman guide to meet a group of resident Hadzabe people. Enjoy the Hadzabe Tour walking into the bush with the only hunter-gatherers remaining in the East African region. The Hadzabe speak a click-based language and move their encampments with the seasonal movements of the wildlife. Your guide is a member of the group and teaches you more about how they hunt, track wildlife, make fire and even take honey from bee’s nests before introducing you to his people and explaining a little more about the customs and the way of life.
In the afternoon we travel to the Maasai market where you will have the opportunity to get the spectacular photos you want.
Hundred of Maasai gather each Thursday afternoon at the bustling Maasai market, where visitors have the chance to see their crafts and taste their food, including the famous Maasai BBQ. A larger, village-wide market occurs on the 22nd of each month.
In the late afternoon, we drive back to Arusha for the overnight.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.