Day Trip to Brașov and Poiana Brașov by Train from Bucharest
The medieval city of Brașov is nonetheless worth a visit. Built by the Germans - the Transilvanian Saxons - it is now one of those cities, whose historical centre has remained preserved. Romanians and Saxons still live together - and a really interesting architectural and cultural mix resulted from that. The most importatnt ski resort of Romania is situated here - and we shall see it also on this tour. We shall walk on the most part of the route there. It is an easy road, but we still need to consider, it is an easy mountain pedestrian road.
per adult from
What's included :
- - transportation by train (2nd class) and bus (public transportation) where necessary
- - guiding fee
- - entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Black Church (Biserica Neagra)
- Entry/Admission - Sf. Nicolae Church (Saint Nicholas)
What's excluded :
- - meals
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Black Church (Biserica Neagra), Curte Honterus Johannes nr. 2, Brasov 500025 Romania
Brașov is a town built by the German people of Transilvania (Saxons, as they are called here) - and the Black Church is the German Church of Brașov. Interesting it is how they were organised - and this we can see also by the seats in their church.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sf. Nicolae Church (Saint Nicholas), Piata Unirii 1, Brasov 500123 Romania
Today, the former village Șchei, belongs to Brașov. It was however the Romanian village next to the German town. Its center - the Saint Nicholas' Church, that uncovers some historical scenes. Alongside with it, we shall also visit the Museum of the First Romanian School, located within the same court yard.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Brasov Historical Center, Piazza Sfatului, Brasov Romania
Returning to the historical centre of Brașov, we shall see some of the most important sites here, as the two gates of access to town, the Rope Street (some say, it is the narrowest in Europe), the Old Townhall, the Orthodox Church of central Brașov.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Poiana Brasov, Poiana Brasov, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
A short drive by bus (public transportation) shall bring us to the departing point of our walk through the nice forests surrounding the city. It goes uphills to the oldest ski resort of Romania - and one of the places, where poeple from Brașov like to have a walk. It is a really easy mountain trail, as this was the old road connecting Braov wit poiana Brasov. About 90 minutes to walk up, then a small tour in Poiana Brașov and free time with return by bus or again walking.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :North Railway Station Neighborhood, Bucharest, Romania
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.