Day Trip to Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Temples of Pashupatinath & Changu Narayan
Enjoy a more personalized private tour in Kathmandu. See the three UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Pashupatinath Temple, Changu Narayan Temple & Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Visit famous Hindu Temples and learn history and culture of Hinduism and admire Nepal architectures and arts in medieval times. An experienced English-speaking tour guide makes your day trip flexible and easy.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Kathmandu
- Entry/Admission - Nyatapola Temple
- Entry/Admission - Dattatreya Temple
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
What's excluded :
- Tips for guides and drivers.
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pashupatinath Temple, 44621 Pashupati Nath Road, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
In the morning, your guide will meet you at your hotel and then the trip starts. Your first stop today is the Pashupatinath Temple which is situated in the eastern Kathmandu by the Bagmati River. It is a UNESCO world cultural heritage for it is Nepal's largest Hindu temple and one of the four grandest temples of Lord Shiva in South Asia. Only the Hindus are allowed to enter the main temple, therefore you can only look at the gold-tiled temple with giant statues outside or on the observation platform across the river. On the platform with other tourists, you can also watch the cremation ceremonies of Hindus held on the river bank.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bhaktapur 00977-1-4701148 Nepal
Next, you will be escorted to Bhaktapur, which is the cultural center as well as the home of Nepal's architecture and arts in medieval times, thus Bhaktapur Durbar Square is called the art treasury of medieval Nepal, with diverse palaces, temples, towers and statues in the surroundings. In Particular, the 55 Windows Palace in the north was the famous Malla royal house with a golden gate. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is just like an outdoor museum to show the ancient Nepalese culture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nyatapola Temple, Taumadhi Square, Bhaktapur 44800 Nepal
In the southeastern corner of Bhaktapur Durbar Square, you will visit the Nyatapola Temple, the Hindu temple with a high 5-story tower. It is dedicated to Siddhi Lakshmi, the Goddess of Luck, and there are ten statues of guardians, elephants, lions, mythical animals and goddesses in front of the tower. Now the tower has been a landmark of Nepal. You can go up along the steps to get the top of the tower, from where you can have a bird's view of the entire Durbar Square.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dattatreya Temple, Dattatreya Square, Bhaktapur 44800 Nepal
Then you'll follow the guide to Dattatraya Temple nearby. It was built in 1427 AD, with Garuda Statue standing in front. The fantastically carved windows and doors are worth watching as well.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Changu Narayan, Bhaktapur Nepal
After that, you will continue to the Changu Narayan Temple on the high mountain top in the north of Bhaktapur. It's a temple of Lord Vishnu that has been listed as one of Nepal's world cultural heritages. Constructed in 323 AD with a 1,700-year history, Changu Narayan Temple is the oldest Hindu temple in Nepal. However, it was rebuilt in 1702 because of the fire disaster, only the stone sculpture of Vishnu's mount Garuda made in the 5th century survived. The outside of Changu Narayan Temple is decorated with the best stone carvings, woodcuts and metal wares in Kathmandu Valley.
When you finish the visit in Changu Narayan Temple, your Kathmandu full day tour ends. Your guide will send you back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any hotel inside ringroad including Bouddha area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.