Day Trip to Bago from Yangon
You will start this trip by visiting the impressive Taukkyan War Cemetery. Then explore Bago, its market, the most beautiful and important pagodas of the area as well as its imposing Palace. Our local guide will tell you all the stories you need and want to know about those places to make this day unforgettable.
• Shwe Thar Lyaung Buddha, one of the longest reclining Buddha Images
• The Four seated Buddha images of the Kyaik Pun Pagoda
• Shwe Maw Daw Temple, the Highest one in Myanmar
• The famous Taukkyan War Cemetery, built during the second world war
• Kanbawzathadi Palace made of Myanmar Teak wood
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off Service with Air-conditioned private car
- Two bottles of drinking water
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotels and Accommodations
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips for your guide
- Travel Insurance
- Prices not mentioned in included list
- We will pick you up at your hotel in Yangon and start the trip to Bago. On the way, is the Taukkyan War Cemetery where the dead bodies of the second world war soldiers were buried. Even if a cemetery is not usually the best place to visit for holidays, it is definitely worth it and memorable. You can shoot there the best images of this colonial style place and English gardens. Then, continue to the Kya Khat Wine monastery, one of the best places in Bago where to observe with respect and understand better the daily routine of the monks.
Next, have a walk around the local market where you can find fresh and local products. Then, visit to the Shwe Maw Daw Pagoda, the highest temple in Myanmar which is actually a Mon Pagoda. The next spot is Kanbawzathadi Palace, where you will definitely enjoy the wealth of the former Myanmar Empire. Despite the fire swallowed up this palace in 1599, you will observe the renovation of the palace, rebuilt quite exactly as the original.
After all those visits, you will surely feel hungry so your lunch will be ready at one of the local restaurants in Bago. Time to continue the journey to Kyaik Pun Pagoda which is famous for its four seated Buddha images. Before saying goodbye and transfer you back to the hotel, we will show you the massive reclining Buddha image of Shwe Thar Lyaung.
Departure Point :Your hotel at Yangon.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.