Day trip to Andasibe Lemurs
This is a long day of driving, and, unlike other operators, we are realistic about the timing. You really do need to leave early in the morning to see the lemurs still active. But, if you do not have time to overnight, it is the only way to see wild lemurs within driving distance of Antananarivo. Our team are specialist English-speaking driver / guides, who travel with English-speaking clients all year. Once you arrive in Andasibe, the visit will totally absorb you in the amazing nature of Madagascar until your return to Antananarivo.
Schedule of tour:
05:30 depart Antananarivo
09:30 enter Analamazaotra or Mitsinjo Park (2.5 hour visit)
12:00 transfer to Vakona Hotel to visit Lemurs Island
13:00 lunch at Vakona Hotel Restaurant (included food-only set-menu) (if available - may be substituted for a different restaurant, or, a picnic)
14:00 transfer to Moramanga to Peyrieras Reserve
15:00 leave Peyrieras to return to Tana
19:00 arrive at your hotel in Antananarivo
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water - A 1.5 litre bottle of water is supplied for each person.
- All entrance fees to parks
- Entry/Admission - The Mitsinjo Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Vakona Private Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Reserve Peyrieras Madagascar Exotic
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Mitsinjo Reserve, Andasibe Madagascar
This reserve will give you an eye-opening view of Madagascar's diminishing highland rainforests. Here you will witness the Indri-indri, the biggest of the lemurs, and the Diademed Sifaka, one of the most beautiful lemurs, in wild habitat.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vakona Private Reserve, 165 Km From Antanarivo, Andasibe Madagascar
Here you will have an unclose and personal experience with lemurs in a semi-captive situation, on the amazing Vakona Reserve Lemur's Island. You will see a number of species and the lemurs will not be snobbish, they will sit right on your shoulders, should you wish. An extraordinary experience for young and old.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Reserve Peyrieras Madagascar Exotic, N2, Marozevo Madagascar
Here you will see the amazing reptiles of Madagascar, the incredible chameleons will catch insects with their long tongues before your very eyes, a true spectacle of nature. This reserve has many other animals, in well kept captivity, such as tenrecs, frogs, and many types of geckos. Here you will also see the giant comet moth of Madagascar.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will collect you from any one central Tana location.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 23 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.