Day trip Safari in Akagera Park & Lake Muhazi
Our tour includes a morning coffee at a cultural village and a relaxation moment on Lake Muhazi at the end of the safari. We offer a packed breakfast and lunch made of Rwandan burritos, a fruit basket, a delicious homemade banana cake and Samosas. We also provide vegetarian meals. Water is also included.
We offer accommodation (optional) at Yambi Guesthouse so you may not have to worry about taxi transfers or those hotel wake up calls.
We offer in-car bluetooth transmittor so you can play your favourite music throughout the entire Safari. Our drivers may also sing along and their horrible voices have been known to attract elephants, monkeys and buffaloes. 4
Our guides are certified and they speak English and French.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Akagera National Park
- Entry/Admission - Muhazi Beach Hotel
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akagera National Park, Rwanda
Akagera is home to many large plains game species as well as species restricted to the papyrus swamps such as the Sitatunga and the sought-after Shoebill Stork. Notable plains game include elephant, buffalo, topi, zebra, waterbuck, roan antelope and eland. Other antelope are duiker, oribi, bohor reedbuck, klipspringer, bushbuck and impala. Of the primates, olive baboons, vervets and the secretive blue monkey are seen during the day, with bushbabies often seen on night drives.
Of the larger predators leopard, hyena, side-striped jackal and lion, which was re-introduced last year are present. Plans are underway for the reintroduction of the black rhino too, and this will restore Akagera’s ‘Big 5’ status
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Muhazi Beach Hotel, Rwanda
Lake Muhazi has variety of bird species including; the king fishers, pied king fishers, the African fish eagles, cormorants, yellow fronted canaries, the grey crowned cranes etc. There are also many fish species including; marbled lung fish as well as Tilapia.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Yambi Guesthouse, KK 722 Street, Gikondo - Rebero opposite Rujugiro House, Kigali, Rwanda
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kigali Intl. Airport, Kigali Rwanda
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.