Day trip: Ostrog monastery - Niagara waterfalls tour from Podgorica
The waterfall was named after Niagara waterfalls in Canada. If it is much smaller, this waterfall is a great attraction for Podgorica and a place of rest in the hot summer days.
From there, you will be able to see the Cijevna River Canyon and part of one of the largest vineyards in Europe. Also, there's a restaurant where you can enjoy the wine and views.
After visiting the waterfall, the road leads us to the Ostrog Monastery
About the beauty of this monastery, made by St.Vasilije, was written by Napoleon’s colonel and French commander Viala de Somier, who visited the monastery in 1810. He wrote a book about Montenegro and published it in Paris 10 years later.
Monastery has always been important pilgrimage sites, the relics of Saint Basil of Ostrog attracted people from all over the world.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Airport pick up/ drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ostrog Monastery, Ostrog, Dabojevici, Danilovgrad Municipality 81400 Montenegro
One fo the most visited Orthodox monasteries in the world and the most important Orthodox sacred place in Montenegro, situated against an almost vertical background, high up in the large rock of Ostroška Greda, in Montenegro. It is dedicated to Saint Basil of Ostrog, who was buried here. It consists of two parts - the Upper and Lower Monasteries.In the Upper, Monastery are kept Saint Basil of Ostrog’s relics. Saint Basil is the founder of the monastery From the monastery, a super view of the Bjelopavlići plain can be seen. Believers from all over the world come here to pray for the health of their loved ones and their own. The monastery was established in the 17th century but renovated in the 20th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Waterfall Niagara, Cijevna River, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality Montenegro
The place is a beautiful oasis of peace and rests for the eyes and mind for every visitor.On the way to the waterfalls, you will be able to see the Cijevna River Canyon which was the border belt between Montenegro and the Ottoman Empire until 1912. These years, along with the canyon, is one of the most beautiful vineyards in Europe.The waterfall was named after Niagara waterfalls in Canada. If it is much smaller, this waterfall is a great attraction for Podgorica and a place of rest in the hot summer days.
There is also a restaurant “Niagara” in which you can enjoy traditional food and drink products and relax on the terrace on the banks of the Cijevna River, near the waterfall.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Kotor tours - Mont Travelers - Montenegro tours, Ulica 1 (istok-zapad), Kotor 85330, Montenegro
The organizer of the tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any location in Podgorica municipality.Please, provide us with the address. Airports
- Golubovci Airport, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality Montenegro
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 safety measures are changed in accordance with the suggestions of the expert national team for the epidemic. Your safety comes first.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.