Day Trip in Transylvania:Dracula and Peles Castle, Brasov City and Black Church
Combine visits to two of the top attractions in the Prahova Valley—Peles Castle and Bran Castle—on this single full-day tour from Bucharest. On this day trip, journey into the shadows of the Carpathians, where tales of Dracula linger inside the Gothic towers of Bran Castle. You’ll also visit fairy tale Peles Castle in Sinaia, tucked into the forest and ranked among Europe’s most beautiful palaces. Additionally, you'll visit Brasov City and the Black Church with the benefit of guided commentary.
per adult from
9 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Brasov Historical Center
- Entry/Admission - Black Church (Biserica Neagra)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Our trip starts from Bucharest, and in about 2 hours you will be in Sinaia City where you will visit the first castle: Peles Castle. The town was named after Sinaia Monastery of 1695, around which it was built. King Carol I of Romania built his summer home, Peleș Castle, near the town in the late nineteenth century. Peles Castle is a masterpiece of German new-Renaissance architecture, considered by many one of the most stunning castles in Europe. Peles Castle was the first European castle entirely lit by electrical current. The electricity was produced by the castle's own plant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend and perched high atop a 200-foot-high rock, Bran Castle owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as to the myth created around Bram Stocker's Dracula.Surrounded by towers and ramparts, this “pugnacious little fortress”, as Queen Marie called it, is a truly stunning castle, especially against the beautiful background dominated by the Carpathian Mountains.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Brasov Historical Center, Piazza Sfatului, Brasov Romania
Brasov is home to one of the narrowest streets in Europe. The Rope Street (Strada Sforii) is approximately four feet wide and, was initially used as an access route by firefighters. Stroll around the old Town Hall Square (Piata Sfatului) where you can admire colorfully painted and ornately trimmed baroque structures.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Black Church (Biserica Neagra), Curte Honterus Johannes nr. 2, Brasov 500025 Romania
Take a peek inside the Black Church (Biserica Neagra), the largest Gothic church in Romania. Though its name, Biserica Neagră (the Black Church) may seem dark and foreboding, the building is nothing to fear. Step inside, and you’ll find a magnificent trove of cultural treasures nested within the enormous space. The Black Church is not only an interesting historical edifice, but also a great place to visit for the legend of a boy who died tragically or for the bullets that can be seen in the walls of the church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any address in BucharestAirports
- Henri Coandă International Airport, Calea Bucureştilor 224E, Otopeni 075150, Romania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In accordance with the legal provisions in force, the child seat is mandatory, please request at time of booking.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.