Day Trip in Axum, the Center of Ancient Civilizations
This is a full day trip in the ancient town of Axum. Axum is the center and cradle of Ethiopian civilization. The town of Axum is located in the northern Ethiopia in the Tigray national regional state. Axum located very close to Red Sea and Asmara the capital of Eritrea. Axum is a home to several ancient palaces, tombs, artifacts and other ancient historical objects. Axum is also believed to be the place where the original arc of the covenant is still reserved.
The total duration of this tour is 11 hours. In this tour you will visit the following attractions:
In the Morning:
- Under ground tombs
- Archeological museum
- St. Mary Zion church (old & new monastery)
- Church museum
In the afternoon:
- Swimming pool of Queen of Sheba
- Ezana inscription
-Tomb of King Kaleb and Gebremeskel
- Queen of Sheba place and finally visit Judith stele fields.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points within Axum town
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Northern Stelae Field
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Northern Stelae Field, Near St Mary of Zion Church, Axum Ethiopia
Pick up from hotel, airport or any of your convenient place within Axum at 8:30 in the morning.
Start the tour with a visit to obelisks including the one recently back home from Rome, Italy. The obelisks are carved from single rock, one witness artistic works on the obelisks. Continue with a visit to underground tombs of different kings and royal families. Get through Axum archeological museum for the general understanding of the historical chronology. Then visit church museum and St. Mary Zion church which is believed to be a home to the original Arc of the Covenant.
In the afternoon/after lunch break Queen of Sheba swimming pool, inscription of king Ezana which is written in the Sabean language. Continue with a visit to tomb of king Kaleb and Gebremeskel. Then visit Queen of Sheba palace and finally visit Judith stele fields. End of the tour.
Items included in the price:
-Pick up and drop off from/to any point in Axum
- Ground transportation during the tour
- Entrance/admission fees
- Bottles of water during the tour
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Axum airport or any hotel in Axum town Airports
- Axum Airport, Axum Ethiopia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.