Day trip Hiking to Uluguru Mountains-Choma Waterfalls
Morogoro contain some of the oldest original forest in Africa, and while it is much depleted these days, the range is green and scenic, and offers enjoyable hiking.
From Morogoro the most popular route is to Morningside, an old German mountain hut to the south of town at about 1000m (about two to three hours on foot). The path starts at the Regional Administration buildings about 3km south of the town centre at the end of Boma Rd
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Best way to get close to local people in the mountains, a day in Morogoro to fill while waiting for a transfer in or out of town? A hike in the Ulurgu Mountains to Choma Waterfall or all the way to Lupanga Peak (2150m above sea level) is a great way to spend the day!
This is more of a walk through villages on a steep dirt trail, than it is a true “hike” through treacherous terrain.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
any place in Morogoro areas
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.