Day Trip From Paris to the Champagne Region
Travel from Paris to Champagne for a scenic trip to the French countryside. Sip delicious champagne and explore the intricate process of manufacturing this delicious French wine in a serene setting at some of the country's best champagne houses and vineyards. Visit famous cathedrals, abbeys, and picturesque villages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driver and transportation by air-conditioned minivan/coach
- Tour leader to accompany you for the day
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Small-group tour size
- Tastings at 2 different Champagne houses
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Champagne Taittinger
- Entry/Admission - Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Reims
- Entry/Admission - Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Hautvillers
- Entry/Admission - Champagne Dom Caudron
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Champagne Taittinger, 9 Place Saint Nicaise, 51100, Reims France
At the Taittinger Champagne House, you will learn all about the detailed process of curating champagne. Visit charming wine cellars and see how expert wine producers manufacture such a delicious product. Of course, enjoy the fruits of their labor by trying out some sensational bubbly for yourself.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Reims, 3, rue Guillaume de Machault, 51100, Reims France
Visit the city of Reims, known as the capital city of the Champagne region. There, you can explore its main cathedral, Notre Dame de Reims. Feel like a royal as you enter the gothic cathedral in which dozens of French kings have been coronated.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Avenue de Champagne, 51200, Epernay France
Onto the next stop, visit the charming town of Epernay. Here, walk the streets lined with dozens of restaurants and storefronts. Stroll down Avenue de Champagne and get a bite to eat before continuing onto the next stops of your Paris day trip.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Hautvillers, Rue de L'Eglise, 51160 Hautvillers France
Often considered the birthplace of Champagne, the Abbey of Hautvillers is a charming village home to the famous Dom Perignon. Explore this Benedictine monastery and see Perignon’s tomb and final resting place.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Champagne Dom Caudron, 10 rue Jean York, 51700 Passy-Grigny France
Your second champagne house of the day will be a smaller, family-owned vineyard. Here, you will be able to compare the two wine cellars and champagne flavors and decide on a favorite. Understand the differences between a household name champagne versus a more locally curated blend from a family-owned brand.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Gare De Lyon Paris, Place Louis-Armand, 75012 Paris, France
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.