Day Trip from Naples: Pompeii and Herculaneum - private tour
Probably the world’s most famous archaeological site, Pompeii needs little introduction. The prosperous market town was destroyed but also perfectly preserved by an eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, and since its rediscovery and excavation it has captured the imagination of millions. Our guide will bring this ancient resort town to life and ensure that your get to explore all of its most important treasures.
Herculaneum is smaller than Pompeii but was coated in a thick layer of pyroclastic material during the eruption which preserved the ancient city much better. In addition to preserved buildings, skeletons and interior decorations, wooden objects like beds, doors, and roofs have were protected from decay. Herculaneum was a wealthier city than Pompeii, so the glimpse into ancient life is even more luxurious and impressive.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private luxury transportation with English speaking driver
- Professional tour guide ( 2 hours in Pompeii and 2 hours in Herculaneum )
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
One of the most famous archeological site of the world. Our guide will bring this ancient resort town to life and ensure that you get to explore all of its most important treasures.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Herculaneum has been preserved like the nearby Pompeii. The city was buried beneath 16 meters of ash and mud during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, and this layer of detritus saved two-story domus homes with the internal architecture and décor intact, including features in wood and marble, decorations, jewelry, and even organic remains like food, providing a unique view into the daily lives of the ancient population of Herculaneum.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide your hotel accommodation at the moment of the reservation in case of pick-up from an hotel in Naples.Please provide ship details at the moment of the reservation in case of pick-up from Naples cruise port.Ports
- Cruise Ship Terminal • Port of Naples, San Ferdinando, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.