Day Trip from Bucharest: Palace of Mogosoaia, Snagov Church and Targoviste
This one day tour departing from Bucharest will take you through centuries of Romanian history and culture.
The main attractions are the Palace of Mogosoaia, an early 18th-century construction restored by one of Romania's most famous and talented princesses approximately one hundred years ago.
The 15th-century Snagov Church and the medieval fortress of Targoviste, once the court of legendary prince Vlad the Impaler complete this history-based tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Princely Court
- Entry/Admission - Mogosoaia Palace
- Entry/Admission - Snagov Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Princely Court, Str. Justice, No. 7, Targoviste 130 014 Romania
The Princely Court is one of the most important historical monuments close to Bucharest. The capital of Southern Romania in the medieval centuries, Targoviste was a key commercial center and an outpost for local princes active in the anti-Ottoman wars.
A great part of its story is related to the legendary prince Vlad the Impaler.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mogosoaia Palace, Strada Valea Parcului Nr. 1, Mogosoaia 077135 Romania
The Palace of Mogosoaia was built by Prince Constantin Brancoveanu in 1702, one of the most important princes in Romania's history. His reign was also the most glorious time in the history of the previous attraction visited, Targoviste Princely Court.
Devastated by the Ottomans, the palace was wonderfully restored by Martha Bibescu in between the two World Wars, a close friend of the royal family of Romania that used to often come here.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Snagov Monastery, Strada Manastirea Vlad Tepes Silistea, Snagov 077117 Romania
Located on a small island from Snagov Lake, this centuries-old religious monument is one of the most mysterious in Romania.
Numerous legends exist, stories of underwater tunnels and prisoners, but none as famous as it being the burial place of Vlad the Impaler.
While the historical evidence cannot support these claims, the church is more than worth a visit for its splendid frescoes.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup for any hotel in Bucharest.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.