Day Trip from Belgrade: Gems of Eastern Serbia
Take an unforgettable, full-day tour away from the crowds and noises of the big cities and experience awe-inspiring eastern part of Serbia.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Resavska Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manasija Monastery, 280, Serbia, Despotovac Serbia
The tour starts at 9.a.m. from your accommodation in Belgrade. You will be impressed by the beautiful scenery, while you enjoy 1.5-hour drive to our first stop – Manasija Monastery, located among the green hills of the vivid Resava gorge. It was built in early 15th century during the reign of Despot Stefan Lazarevic. The whole complex is surrounded by 12 towers, constructed in order to protect Church of Saint Trinity from the Ottomans. The Manasija monastery fortification, with its ramparts and towers, is the best preserved fortification complex on the territory of medieval Serbia. Due to its fresco paintings, which represent one of the greatest achievements of the medieval Serbian art, monastery is believed to be a real jewel of Serbian medieval culture.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Resavska Cave, 20 km from Despotovac, Despotovac Serbia
The tour proceeds to 80-million-year-old cave called Resava, which was discovered by local shepherd in 1962. Ten years later, the cave was opened for the audience for the first time. Nowadays this is one of the most visited caves in this part of Europe due to its richness of cave jewelry: stalagmites and stalactites. Total length of the tunnels is 4.5 km. So far a bit more than 2 km were explored, and 800 m is accessible to visitors. The temperature in the Resava cave is a constant 7°C all year round, with air humidity varying between 80 and 100%. The tour around the cave will last for 40 minutes, so wearing warm clothes is recommended.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vodopad Veliki Buk, Despotovac Serbia
Afterwards we proceed to Lisine waterfall, one of Eastern Serbia top attractions. Here in this breathtaking place, a break for lunch will be made, and you will have the great opportunity to try the best trout fish in Serbia.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Krupajsko Vrelo, Despotovac Serbia
Krupaj Spring, located 30km from Lisine Waterfall, on the west side of Beljanica Mount. is next on our route. It belongs to the group of karst springs and represents one of the most beautiful springs in Eastern Europe. Turquoise water of Krupaj Spring will leave you completely breathless.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Belgrade, Belgrade
Return to Belgrade.
Drop off to your accommodation.
End of services.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be at your accommodation (hotel or apartment) or at agreed place in Belgrade!
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.