Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai
After pick–up from your hotel in Mumbai, travel roughly 3 hours in an air-conditioned private vehicle to reach Karla around 10:00 am.
Take a walk through the impressive site, ascending 200 steep steps to reach the caves, excavated thousands of years ago from a hillside in the Western Ghats in Maharashtra. The rock-cut shrines were developed for Buddhist monks to use during the monsoons. They featured chaityas (prayer halls) with intricate carvings, the largest of the rooms measures 148 feet and was created in the 1st century B.C.
After exploring the caves, take a break to purchase lunch at a restaurant of your choice. Then head to the Bhaja caves, another religious site near the Karla Caves. At the end of a full day, drive back to your Mumbai hotel where your tour ends with a hotel drop off.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Karla Caves
- Entry/Admission - Bhaja Caves
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karla Caves, Karli, Lonavala India
The Karla Caves are a complex of ancient Buddhist Indian rock-cut caves.The shrines were developed over the period – from the 2nd century BCE to the 5th century CE. The oldest of the cave shrines is believed to date back to 160 BCE.
Famous "Grand Chaitya" (Cave 8), which is "the largest and most completely preserved" chaitya hall of the period, as well as containing unusual quantities of fine sculpture, much of it on a large scale.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bhaja Caves, Bhaje Caves Road, Khandala, Lonavala 412106 India
Bhaja Caves is a group of 22 rock-cut caves dating back to the 2nd century BC.The caves have a number of stupas, one of their significant features..
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we will pick up from your accommodationAirports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
- Alexander Dock(Green Gate)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.