day trip Anuradhapura ancient city & Wilpattu safari from Colombo or around
Explore the 08 sacred places of first kingdom in Sri Lanka Which listed on UNESCO world heritage site call Anuradhapura and Largest National park in Srilanka inhabited by wild elephants, leopards and other animals.... With the service of friendly professional chauffeur guide by comfortable vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- transport by a privet A/C standard vehicle
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Enough water bottles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- dinner or break fast
- Early morning Get ready with packed breakfast, at 04:00. your friendly, professional chauffeur guide meet you at the hotel or the location where are you staying and take you to the one of the largest wild life in Srilanka, inhabited by wild elephants, leopards and other animals where in wilpattu National park, to get the experience of real safari. and heading to Anuradhapura on the way Stop for your buffet lunch and visit the sacred city of Anuradhapura
After visit Drive Back to the hotel
Wilpattu National Park
(Willu-pattu; Land of Lakes) is a park located on the island of Sri Lanka. The unique feature of this park is the existence of "Willus" (Natural lakes) - Natural, sand-rimmed water basins or depressions that fill with rainwater. Located in the Northwest coast lowland dry zone of Sri Lanka. The park is located 30 km west Anuradhapura and located 26 km north of Puttalam(approximately 180 km north of Colombo). The park is 1,317 square kilometers (131, 693 hectares) and ranges from 0 to 152 meters above sea level. Nearly sixty lakes (Willu) and tanks are found spread throughout Wilpattu. Wilpattu is the largest and one of the oldest National Parks in Sri Lanka. Wilpattu is among the top national parks world-renowned for its leopard (
Panthera pardus kotiya) population. A remote camera survey was conducted in Wilpattu from July to October 2015 by the Wilderness & Wildlife Conservation Trust. A sample of forty nine individual leopards were photo-captured in the surveyed area and the core area density was between that of Yala National Park's Block I and Horton Plains National Park.
Anuradhapura is the vitally important "must visit" tourist attractions of Sri Lanka. , the greatest monastic city of the ancient world that date from the middle of the 5th century B.C. remained the proud seat of kingdom of Sri Lanka until the 11th century A.D. Today
Anuradhapura, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is replete with renovated monuments, restored edifices, preserved ruins and historical sites where the archeological excavations are still being continued..
Anuradhapura was the cradle of glorious Sinhalese Buddhist civilization. The pride of place in
Anuradhapura was taken by the ancient stupas and ancient reservoirs. Towering stupas (dagobas) of stupendous domes, the marvels of ancient civil engineering, were built having taken into the account the effects of lightening on high rise constructions, among numerous other engineering factors. The vast rainwater reservoirs built by crossing rivers with enormous dams and controlling the outlets with "Bisokotuwa" (Sinhala: Queens enclosure-no entry, of course) valve pits (sluice gate), extend lifeline to
Anuradhapura district to date.
Departure Point :Anywhere from colombo mount lavenia wattala, Negombo,wikkala, wennappuwa near airport
Departure Time :Early morning at 04:30am from Negombo 04:00 from Colombo
Return Detail :same hotel where were you picked up
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- get ready with packed breakfast
- Bring a cloth to cover your knees and shoulders at temples
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.